My Take | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

P

“literally cupcake teams”??

LOL, Child, please.

NCST is still ranked higher than us.

Llvll just boatraced a ranked Wake team.

UCONN beat BC and is on track to make a bowl. (they have winnable games vs UMass & Army left)

Purdue 5-3 is a pretty solid B1G team - 2nd in B1G West and 1 win away from a bowl, and will likely be favored in 3 of last 4 games (Illinois the only ranked team they’ll face)

UVA sucks this year, and Wagner is of course the ultimate cupcake.

So, NO - we did NOT play six literally cupcake teams.

Per our SOS for the early season, those teams are viewed as cupcakes

P

“literally cupcake teams”??

LOL, Child, please.

NCST is still ranked higher than us.

Llvll just boatraced a ranked Wake team.

UCONN beat BC and is on track to make a bowl. (they have winnable games vs UMass & Army left)

Purdue 5-3 is a pretty solid B1G team - 2nd in B1G West and 1 win away from a bowl, and will likely be favored in 3 of last 4 games (Illinois the only ranked team they’ll face)

UVA sucks this year, and Wagner is of course the ultimate cupcake.

So, NO - we did NOT play six literally cupcake teams.

Uconn is awful but Purdue, NC State and Lville are all solid wins against decent to good teams.

I know people don’t want to hear it but these are things we can question Dino about….

His time management is questionable at best…..we’ve had this issues for years and for years they’ve been brought up.

I think with this season he has bought himself to coach out what we assume is the end of his contract…however, he needs to make a bowl again next season.

We also need to figure out why this team seems to have so many season ending injuries. If it’s not the turf, it’s on our strength and conditioning coaches and that’s on Dino.

Just because we started out 6-0 against literally cupcake teams doesn’t mean Dino should get an extension and a statue….he still has things to prove
Well, 6-0 is good, even against cupcakes like Purdue, Louisville, U VA, NC St. And 6-2 entering November isn’t so bad that we should be whining.

On the offensive side, our OL is intact and we have healthy subs. Shrader has missed one half and might sit out against Pitt, but our sub QB looks good. TEs - intact except for Elmore who went down in game 1. WRs - lost Jones early, everyone else still healthy. So, on offense, injuries are about as expected for this point in the season?

On defense, Lockett, Thompson and Williams are big losses. Jaquez (young DE sub) is out, others have missed games. The surprise might be that — given the small and young DL at the beginning of the season — we are 6-2 and have a chance for 8 wins. Something might be going well, no?

Uconn is awful but Purdue, NC State and Lville are all solid wins against decent to good teams.
UConn is going to be a much tougher game when we play them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom