My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Seems that everyone has already drawn absolute conclusions on this ball team after two exhibition games. May as well cancel the season and go home.

Give it some time. 99% of college freshmen need time to adjust. 100% of college teams need time to learn to work together.

Let us play a few real games and we will see what we are actually playing with. Even then it will still be way too early to say for sure what we are.

Seems that everyone has already drawn absolute conclusions on this ball team after two exhibition games. May as well cancel the season and go home.

Give it some time. 99% of college freshmen need time to adjust. 100% of college teams need time to learn to work together.

Let us play a few real games and we will see what we are actually playing with. Even then it will still be way too early to say for sure what we are.
Sure, we can wait to see what they look like in a "real game" but what we saw in those 2 games was scary bad. Learning to play with new teammates & styles will always take time but the basic fundamentals and skillsets you can still judge. I'd be interested in seeing how you think this team scores points? I really don't see it. At all. Not to mention that they look lost on defense and it doesn't matter what type of defense JAB rolls out there.

You sure about that?
I mean technically there is literally no way farther to go down considering we only playing division 1 opponents in the season lol

You sure about that?
Absolutely. In spite of our recent disappointments, JB is an excellent basketball coach. He will get this team together sooner than later. I was shocked at how bad they looked in the exhibition games. They'll be better than that.

Last edited:
Absolutely. In store of our recent disappointments, JB is am excellent basketball coach. He will get this team together sooner than later. I was shocked at how bad they looked in the exhibition games. They'll be better than that.
I think you and I have vastly different opinions of where this program, and JAB, are in the year 2022. This can get worse.

A handful of new guys with playing time trying to shoot their way into games. Copeland lockdown Defense. Not to take away from Jessie ever, but hoping the forwards will run some circle screen entry pass plays in the mid-post to help keep defenses off guard.

I get the feeling Judah might end up working from the foul-line out, I would give a longer leash for Judah forcing shots, and shorter on the other areas like anticipating contact in transition defense.

Last edited:
I think Torrence and Copeland should be at the point, Girard and Mintz at the 2, Taylor and Bell at the 3, Williams and Brown at the 4 and Edwards, Hima and Carey at the 5, (and we'll need all three of them). Sorry, JBA.

I'm not convinced that Boeheim would do this, but it seems like the right mix of guys to me, too.

Absolutely. In spite of our recent disappointments, JB is an excellent basketball coach. He will get this team together sooner than later. I was shocked at how bad they looked in the exhibition games. They'll be better than that.
Excellent basketball coach? I think he was, currently not so much. The Kadary thing was enough for me to jump to the other side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom