My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

If depth is such an issue, why is recruiting so slow?

We have recent success stories from freshmen.

We’re now starting to put guys in the NFL annually.

We started 6-0 and are a winning team at worst.

We have an O and D that people should be excited to play for.

Is the focus going to be the portal here on? What gives?
I don't think that depth is quite as big of an issue as most here. Maybe I am wrong, but I was impressed with the backups. How many programs can consistently win games with 7-8 starters out? Not many and those reside down south. I was impressed how the team competed during the 5-game slide, with the obvious exception of the FSU game.

I could be wrong about a couple of these, but guys like McDonald, Barron, Darton, Linton, CD-RW, Simmons, I.Johnson, Carter, Pena, Geer, Clark, Sparrow(!), Simmons, Jobity, EF-C, Ilaoa, Bradford, Allen were not starters at the beginning of the season. They all flashed. Many had a significant hand in the 7 wins and allowed us to compete well into the fourth quarter in losses to Clemson, ND, Pitt and Wake.

Most of these dudes are underclassmen, too, with multiple years of eligibility left.

To sum, ... I think our depth was quite good this year. It can improve, not doubt, but the way most here project it, you'd think it was 2006 all over again. That's just not the case.

I am quite excited for what's around the corner for this program.

Davis started at LG because Cruz started at RT with Ellis not starting. Davis only played 13 snaps before he got hurt and Ellis came in for him. When Ellis got hurt Bradford came in for him and played the final 14 snaps.
Yep

Davis started at LG because Cruz started at RT with Ellis not starting. Davis only played 13 snaps before he got hurt and Ellis came in for him. When Ellis got hurt Bradford came in for him and played the final 14 snaps.
Didn't realize Davis did not come back into the game. What a rotten way for a senior to end his career.

I really hope he is healthy for the bowl game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom