My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Well said. It was pretty clear to me that the lineup with Maliq and Justin was the best lineup we've seen this year. I've been fine with Benny and Chris starting, they each have a ton of talent but Maliq and Justin are more rounded and do the little things. I said last year if Benny could stay within 10 feet of the basket and just attack the ball he'd be a star. Maliq just seems to always be in the right position, Benny seems to lose fights for the rebound too often.
I thought Joe had one of his best games of his career. Even though I feared he might go hero ball the first few minutes he righted himself and was more aggressive and effective in the mid range maybe since high school. The pass to Judah when he got fouled on the reverse scoop was a thing of beauty. Regarding Taylor...he is a much better 3rd ball handler than either Benny or Chris. Bell may be a better shooter but Taylor has a higher 3FG%.
Bottom line to me, JB needs to play all 4 forwards, they each have skills that can be capitalized on. Truest statement you made..."I still don't know how good this team is." What I do know is, even if they aren't a tournament team, few teams will be excited to play against them. They are at least that talented.

TCU went the the college football championship game, OK.
So what? The OP is not hoping SU doesn’t win every game. He just said that he doesn’t expect them to, and that he’s reached a point in life where that’s okay.
If you realistically expect SU bball to win every game ,or to win the ACC, or go the the Final Four, you are delusional.

If you realistically expect SU bball to win every game ,or to win the ACC, or go the the Final Four, you are delusional.
You're right. However, we are at a point in our schedule where our team can determine if it's going to be a good season or not. We have some important games in the next couple weeks and if we continue to play well, the team can gain some confidence and you never know. But, it starts today and then continues with a big road game Monday night.

So what? The OP is not hoping SU doesn’t win every game. He just said that he doesn’t expect them to, and that he’s reached a point in life where that’s okay.
We have a real talented group of young players with a lot of different skills who are improving as they get experience at a high level of basketball that they have just started playing. We have a coach who has guided numerous teams to improve during the season and make deep tournament runs. Will it happen this year? I don't know, but I think the odds are pretty good it does.

Win every game? Of course not. Win the ACC? Very unlikely. Final Four? If they somehow make the tournament of course I'd expect the Final Four. I'm a Syracuse fan and that's what we do.

I agree Judah didn't shoot as many times as normal.
But I thought he looked for his shot just about every time he had the ball. His lack of shots was more a function of good scouting and help defense.

The kid is really talented. I think very highly of him. But he doesn't look to set up others very often. It is very unusual to see a PG who is so uninterested in getting assists.

All this is to be expected from a frosh PG in the ACC. Hoping all the lessons he is learning will pay off if/when he returns next season and plays at a much higher level.

There was a play we had during one of our runs. I think it was early in the second half, when we took control of the game. We made a stop and went into transition the other way full speed. The ball went ahead to Judah, but he had one or two defenders in the lane and it looked like he was going to have to slow it down and run the half court offense. But he drove in aggressively and tried to do a spectacular reverse layup at full speed.

It unfortunately just lipped out. It was unfortunate because the crowd was already excited and had he made it, there would have been an explosion of joy and applause.

Oh well.
LOL...ask and ye' shall receive...8 assists...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marz44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom