My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

i also think a bit of it could be trying to win without revealing too much for opponents scouting reports...hopefully they havent unleashed the full offense yet.

Yeah, is that such a thing in basketball, where you play a 31 game regular season?

I'd love to take 500-1 odds on me hitting a half court shot.

By the way... what does that mean exactly? 500 tries to make 1? If so... yeah... sign me up.

I am continuously amazed who they select for these challenges though. Most of the time it seems said person has never held a basketball in their life.
I hate those people. In my younger days on the layup drill thing I would’ve tomahawked that mofo and mic dropped my way back to my seat.

Thanks, Tom. I caught most of the game on spotty ACCNX from a hotel room somewhere in Kentucky on a two-day trip home to NC from a visit with my younger son's family in Michigan. My take was that we need to get a whole lot better.
The Honeymoon Motel always has spotty Wi-Fi, the heart shape tub more than makes up for it though, hope you enjoyed your stay.

This is gonna be a hot take, but we are playing too fast. In the exhibition games and the New Hampshire game. We need to find a balance. Red wants to just go, go, go all the time. Can’t do that. Sure it works the first 8-10 minutes. But if we are playing fast 100% of the time, our players are going to get gassed, defense is going to start lacking, going to get sloppy and we are going to get in foul trouble because we are going to have more possessions throughout the game. You can see that towards the end of every first half we have had and in the second half.

We need to find a balance, we need to run when it allows and play more methodical otherwise. Run on steals, tipped passes and long rebounds. Your average rebound, after a made basket, typical inbound, no need to be full burner and try to run. We just get too sloppy, tired, foul prone and it allows teams to get back into games. This team has the potential to be really good but we can’t run our legs out from underneath us, get in foul trouble within the first 10 minutes. It’s great to get up and down but we can’t every possession like Red wants too. We have to pick our spots and let it come to us. We can’t force it

if you watched baylor auburn last night it makes it look like we are playing at half speed. i don't see near the pace that shoule be gassing a team playing 8 9 guys.
Agree. It’s not like we are playing 5 guys 40 minutes.

if you watched baylor auburn last night it makes it look like we are playing at half speed. i don't see near the pace that shoule be gassing a team playing 8 9 guys.
I agree. We are only playing fast compared to the last decade of the JB era.

I think our athleticism is a little overrated around here.

If Westry, Benny & Hima were playing, you might feel differently. We have a legit 11 guys who are not embarrassing to put out on the floor, including Carey. He has been better than I expected.

i think we have 2 athletic guards. mintz is just avg. benny is decently athletic. bell taylor brown no. neither center is. copeland is. westry hopefully is

i think we have 2 athletic guards. mintz is just avg. benny is decently athletic. bell taylor brown no. neither center is. copeland is. westry hopefully is

"athletic" is more than just running and jumping.

I think Brown is athletic; he is surprisingly strong for his physique, and he has really quick reflexes tipping and stealing balls.

I agree about Taylor; he's physical and well coached, more than a lights out athlete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom