My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

phil77

Hall of Fame
There is always the everything is fine and great side and then there is always the everything sucks and the sky if falling crowd. If you don't think that losing our coach, Our OC, And a number of our highly rated recruits doesn't mean anything and everything is fine good for you. But in reality everything is not fine. Losing the majority of the recruiting class will hurt more than losing the coaches. Losing a year of talent will have a factor in the program going forward. And what it really does it put a ton of pressure on our OC hire and next years recruiting class. If this class is gone next years class has to be a home run or we will be in big trouble again I fear.

I give all my support to Shafer and hopefully he is the man for the job. But going into the season moving to the ACC and losing 3 of your top offensive players is going to be enough pressure without losing this recruiting class. He can be all rah rah in the press conference but until it translates to the field and on the recruiting trail then there will be a ton of question marks that still need to be answered.

What makes this the most frustrating for me is that this is coming off one our best seasons in the last 10-15 years. The program was starting to gain momentum and this puts a big halt on that.

Crap I was just typing it on the new thread spot and then was going to copy and paste it to another thread but I pushed the wrong button. Now you all get another new thread. Just what everyone wanted I am sure. LOL

Dude, this class was toast the moment Doug left. Do you really think we'd be any better off with no coach identified right now, cause that's where we would be at if we did a full search. ZA wouldn't have waited around either way. The question now is whether Shafer is the right guy. You all loved him yesterday, now ZA leaves and everyone questions the pick. Never seen more Monday morning quarterbacks!

Get a grip people, things are always tough during a transition year. Let's give our new coach the chance he deserves. He sure has contributed a lot to the success of the past several years!

Nobody is saying everything is fine but for all we know Shafer will prove to be a better HC than Doug - I think he could. The new OC might also be better than HACK.
As for the class we simply do not know yet. The sun will come up tomorrow and the program Will keep moving forward just with a different cast.

The majority of the class? Let's not get carried away.

Most of the JUCO's have already signed their papers and will be here on Monday.

The Defensive recruits seem to like Shafer.

We'll just have to wait and see on a few kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom