My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Triche has been a below average shooter this season. I think what you meant to say was that we needed him to shoot above his percentages given the way they were begging him to shoot.

Aside from Porter, who else would we want from that team? Nobody. Let that sink in. It's shameful to lose and not even be competitive when you consider that. The scouting report was that they are a one-man team, and it looked like they had no clue about this.

Grant needs to eat up all of Keita's minutes and most of Xmas' minutes or this season is shot. What exactly are we losing in that tradeoff? Rebounds? Points? Blocks? Pounds of muscle? It's blockhead coaching to think that we need a true "center" in the lineup at all times. Just like punting on 4th and 2 when you're almost in field goal range. Just blockhead.

I'd love to have Smith-Rivera. That guy has a serious body on him and a promising shot that was off today but went for over 30 last game. He's been inconsistent as many freshman are but has a fine upside. Imagine if he played for SU instead of Cooney? That would be a serious upgrade and we could use a guy who could potentially spark the offense.

If you notice we can't beat good defensive teams. GU,Pitt,Uconn,& Vil. We are so offensively challenged that we don't have the ability to beat teams that defend. Louisville gave us the game. I doubt you will see a whole lot different in the next three games.

The reason mcw doesnt dump the ball into rak is because rak is prone to fumble balls out of bounds. Ive never seen a guy have the ball slip through his hands so many times on oop passes or on easy would be dunk put backs.

Amen. It will never cease to amaze me how Rak gets continually defended on this board. The guy has the ball fed to him on a silver platter a half dozen times last night, and he finished none of them. He gave up what seemed like ten or more offensive boards in the second half, and he looks like he doesn't care 90% of the time.

I agree that JB has ruined him, but at this point we are better off playing Grant or coleman at center. They can score, and SU can't as a whole...

I am most concerned long term about the poor play of our bigs. Unless and until that is addressed, I am resigned to a team that looks like this one. 20+ wins but can't get it done when it counts against the tough physical teams who pack the paint and dare us to shoot. I feel like Rak is done mentally. I'm not sure what JB has done here but the kid has zero confidence and as others have noted, his guards won't even give him the ball. Short of somebody on the staff taking him under their wing and makig him a recovery project, he's just a body at this point. We'd all better hope that DC makes a quantum leap between this year and next and Grant hits the weight room big time and can bulk up. Also hope the MP's can find our senior guard who went AWOL once again when we really needed him and get him to the Marquette game. Very disappointing.

4 of 20 against Gtown and 4-23 against UConn. Not gonna do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think its all in the quality of the 3 that is taken. Everyone saw JSouth make that bomb early on and figured they can do it. Triche can't shoot from 25 ft. MCW cant curl a screen and shot. For us to shoot well from 3 it has to be inside out or moving from side to side to tget the defense moving.

I think its all in the quality of the 3 that is taken. Everyone saw JSouth make that bomb early on and figured they can do it. Triche can't shoot from 25 ft. MCW cant curl a screen and shot. For us to shoot well from 3 it has to be inside out or moving from side to side to tget the defense moving.

Agree. I don't understand the green light on the bombs away from 30-35 feet but it's not working. We tried the same thing against UConn and had the same result. I would be curious to see our stats on this type of shot from the last 4 games. Definately need to work the inside out more but therein lies the problem. Our bigs seem to be turnover machines every time they get the ball in the paint. Lack of ball handling skills are a major inhibitor in this regard and suggests to me why we're seeing the bombs away strategy.

I thought Triche got hit on the arm on his first two threes but that long shot he took was just dumb. Feel like he was pressing too much.