My Take | Syracusefan.com

My Take

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
Disappointng loss. Amazing that Syracuse was in possession to win the game before The Call II given how poorly so many players on the Orange team played. Duke played good defense at times but was also awful defending the paint and pathetic on the defensive boards. SU again missed a lot of wide open looks as Duke was unable to cover the quicker, taller and more athletic Syracuse players.

I give credit to Duke for hitting some big shots down the stretch. The difference in the game, IMHO, was that in this one, Duke was able to get the SU big guys in foul trouble and took advantage, with Parker dominating inside in the 2nd half and even Charmin soft Hood being successful inside at times. Parker is pretty special, not quite as good as Melo but I see now how it felt with we had Carmelo and teams had to figure out how to stop him.

Great to see BMK out there again, playing well. He was unbelievable on the offensive boards and gave the team a big lift. Thought Silent G was solid, no question he is getting better as the season progresses.

I like the way Syracuse matches up with Duke and am hopeful the matter of who the better team is will be settled in the ACC tournament.

the big difference in the game ...why they won today and lost in the dome...was simply the refs. thats it .

Parker was great tonight. His 3's from the corner were killers. Putting aside the horrific calls, the difference between this game and the Dome was that here, Fair was the best player on he court. Tonight Parker was.

Parker was great tonight. His 3's from the corner were killers. Putting aside the horrific calls, the difference between this game and the Dome was that here, Fair was the best player on he court. Tonight Parker was.

Yep. Throw in Sulaimon as Parker's Robin. He can do some damage off the bounce and made some big plays.

Parker going 3 for 3 from 3 was a killer, none of their other players was doing anything from there (rest of team: 4-18).

He did have 5 turnovers though. Unfortunately, CJ continued his turnover plagued season with 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom