My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

Yes, it was Cordy that made the block in the back. But, I must say it looked like a close call - more from the side than from the back.

He just needed to get his head to the side and they don't likely call it. It was a bad job by him.

Just didn't look that obvious from the replay. You probably had a better look.

Honestly, with me seeing it from my vantage point at game speed, you probably had the better look. I'm just saying that I would've groom the field, at that speed from my angle.

can we find a way to not give duplicate #s for all the QBs??

drives me nuts.

Maybe I am in the minority, but I hope Hunt comes back next year (& starts) and we sit Dungy... I just hate burning red shirts and sacrificing the future for now.
im 200% positive next year i wont be the only one calling for hunt to play TE.

im 200% positive next year i wont be the only one calling for hunt to play TE.
AyeYah! With all his injuries that is the last thing he needs.

AyeYah! With all his injuries that is the last thing he needs.
hes a football player.

what do you want his role to be???

hold on kicks??

long, wilson and the Irish kid should be the backups, hunt deserves to see the field.

hes a football player.

what do you want his role to be???

hold on kicks??

long, wilson and the Irish kid should be the backups, hunt deserves to see the field.
He would be buried in the depth chart chart at TE. Would have to learn to block and do we even know if he can catch? Not happening IMO.

KaiserUEO said:
hes a football player. what do you want his role to be??? hold on kicks?? long, wilson and the Irish kid should be the backups, hunt deserves to see the field.

If he earns another year (still very doubtful) - I'd bet a lot he's our #2 behind Dungey.

Look how young these guys are though. It’s really no wonder they’re struggling right now.
I hate to say this, but I doubt more seasoning is going to make a substantial difference. When we've had promising young talent (e.g. Reddish), sure they would make some mistakes due to inexperience but the potential was always clearly there. There is no such buzz with the current corp. and that's my biggest concern. The Blair miss was a huge loss. The coaching staff should be pulling out all the stops to address these critical needs in the coming recruiting cycles... or else Dungey will be on the losing end of 42-31 type games for most of his career.

Have missed these. Always excellent tomcat. Will be tailgating for LSU early. May stop by to introduce myself and a few other SU Law guys if you Fine guys don't care.
Come on down ... you're a lot closer now since Dineen's construction, and the food's excellent.

Honestly, with me seeing it from my vantage point at game speed, you probably had the better look. I'm just saying that I would've groom the field, at that speed from my angle.
I was across the field, around the 20 (not as close as you were). But from my seat, the block was from the side not the back. I thought it was a marginal call, given all the crap I saw from CMU that went unwhistled (2 hits on our kickers, a bunch of holds, etc..).

You give the safeties way more credit than they deserve. They’re worse than our corners right now. Repeatedly gave up seam passes with no threat to take someone out catching that ball across the middle or in the seam. Williams, Scissum and Cordy all blew that hail mary pass.

I won’t say they’re bad, but their youth is killing us. They’re not good in run support and they’re not good in pass support. REALLY REALLY desire to have safeties with prototype size back there to (not their fault) but Williams bounces off guys. Watching them try and tackle this LSU back might be comical.

Look how young these guys are though. It’s really no wonder they’re struggling right now. (or maybe Reed needs to be on the clock)

**donates starter
CB Julian Whigham, 6-1 200 / SR**

CB Wayne Morgan, 5-11 190 / JR

CB Corey Winfield, 6-1 181 / SO**

CB Juwan Dowels, 5-10 177 / rFR

CB Cordell Hudson, 5-11 182 / rFR

S Antwan Cordy, 5-8 175 / SO**

S Chauncey Scissum, 6-2 207 / SO

S Rodney Williams, 5-10 196 – rFR**

S Daivon Ellison, 5-8 168 / FR

S Kielan Whitner, 6-0 196 / FR

S Chris Fredrick, 5-11 173 / FR

In a secondary this young, you need your veterans to step up.

At the cornerback position, Whigham and Morgan have been beyond dreadful. Morgan's play on the play-action swing pass either vs. Wake or CMU was downright embarrassing. He went after the RB (who didn't have the ball) after hesitating and even looking up! Morgan has been especially disappointing - he was supposed to be a big-time recruit coming out of high school. Another NYC kid failing to live up to billing, IMO.

Both have zero awareness and at that position, technique and awareness is almost as important as athletic ability. The jury is still out on both Dowels & Hudson I think. Winfield has the athletic ability but is extremely raw.

I think the real problem with the defense, though, is with the safeties. Williams is a midget, as is Cordy. They play against 6-4 TE's and they can't make a play regardless of if they are in position or not. Unless you're a freak like Shamarko, it's really an inhibiting factor to have midget safeties running around. Ellison is another one that is tiny. Scissum has the size but was probably the worst of any of them last week. Out of position repeatedly and couldn't tackle to save his life.

Not sure if we should chalk these last two games up as bad days, as a sign of things to come, or as two of the better throwing QBs we will see this year... I really have no idea.

He would be buried in the depth chart chart at TE. Would have to learn to block and do we even know if he can catch? Not happening IMO.
which tells me he needs to take his degree and his extra year...and go.

thanks for walking with me...

which tells me he needs to take his degree and his extra year...and go.

thanks for walking with me...
Would probably be best for him, but you never know. Dungey could get injured and TH might save the day. I wish him the best whatever he decides - he has been a trooper. Has already had his share of bad luck for a lifetime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom