My Take | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

My Take

I wonder if Dunk can fill that bill.
The TV broadcast of the game showed an SU player lying down on the field injured.

Couldn't see much of him, not enough to identify him anyway, but it looked like it might be a serious injury. He was identified as Dunk on the broadcast. Last I knew, I thought he was already hurt. Anyone know if he made the trip, got on the field and was injured? Did TV get this right?

The TV broadcast of the game showed an SU player lying down on the field injured.

Couldn't see much of him, not enough to identify him anyway, but it looked like it might be a serious injury. He was identified as Dunk on the broadcast. Last I knew, I thought he was already hurt. Anyone know if he made the trip, got on the field and was injured? Did TV get this right?

Winfield is 11 on defense.

It was not Dunk, I had to watch it a few times. It was definitely Winfield that was down.

It was not Dunk, I had to watch it a few times. It was definitely Winfield that was down.
The other #11. Only 5 inches, 60 pounds, a different position and a different skin color separating them. Perfectly understandable...

The other #11. Only 5 inches, 60 pounds, a different position and a different skin color separating them. Perfectly understandable...
How much has Dunk played?

I we need to bring in a game ready DT, CB, and fear producing safety

Yeah, I could not find him in the participation reports. Are they redshirting him?
He is a 3 to play 3 transfer I believe. Not sure if he could go the standard redshirt route or if it would have to be medical at this point?

He is a 3 to play 3 transfer I believe. Not sure if he could go the standard redshirt route or if it would have to be medical at this point?
Who knows? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

I don't think he has at all?
Seemed like he got hurt early and has been sitting out ever since.

I want my TEs to be have size, be able to run, be able to block and be able to catch the ball. Parris has the ability to catch the ball. That is it. Not a dig on him...he tries hard and gets what he can out of his abilities.

We can...we have to get more capable players at TE. Dunk looks like he can do all four. All we need to for him to get healthy and stay healthy and we can find out for sure.

I don't think we need TEs with all four skills to be success. But it is very doable and possible to get players with two or three of the skills. That is what I am hoping for...

I'd held off on posting much on the game, itself. I will say, though, that in the few trips we'd made to Tallahassee, this was the best play by a Syracuse team there. Now I realize that this year's FSU team isn't a bunch of world beaters, but Tallahassee has not been kind to Syracuse. Even the vaunted 91-92 went there, took a quick lead, and then proceeded to get stomped on. That was a difficult one me, especially knowing how talented that team was, and how they just destroyed us when they gathered their wits. I know there is little solace is this, and that Jimbo went easy on us, but what I saw on that field was more competitive than past experiences there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom