My Thoughts on the Disaster... | Syracusefan.com

My Thoughts on the Disaster...

newmexicuse

All Conference
GTown outplayed us and JT easily outcoached Jimmy. They deserved the W & we deserved an L. As much as it sticks as a giant craw in my throat - kudos to them for coming to a very hostile arena & getting the job done.

1. It starts w MCW - a PG needs to know when to go & when to let go so his teammates can do the scoring. This was a game when the teammates, save CJ, did nothing. There were at least five time when I saw MCW have nice penetration for what should have been a fairly easy 5 to 10 foot floater or a layin if he had kept going & instead he kicks out to where we could not hit the broadside of a barn. It was obvious that MCW needed to establish himself as a scoring threat to open things up as GTown was staying at home & not collapsing on his drives. I am not sure that MCW even had a single hoop in our offense, as I believe his couple of hoops both came on TOs.

2. CJ - The only bright spot - if anybody else had his cool & his smarts.....

3. James - JT must have been smiling when James hit that first 30 footer - I can't believe Jimmy didn't call a TO & straighten him out once the second one had missed. Next thing you know James has missed four & Brandon one of those half court heaves. Dumb and dumber describes his shot selection.

4. Brandon - His first two trey misses were off-balance efforts, I expect more cool from the senior leader - he never got untracked.

5. XMas - he was the recipient of two great passes at the rim that could have been bring the house down game turn-arounder slams & he failed to even come away w a FT attempt. Yech.....I thought the teardrop that was blocked might have been a goal-tend, close non-call.

6. Simply not much to say about Jerami, BMK, & Cooney, though I have a comment relating to Jerami below.

7. Jimmy - awful, awful, awful...He let them heave five or so 30 footers before putting a stop to the non-sense. Had no counter when JT switched to Zone. He made no adjustment to slow down Otto, who was terrific and killed us all day. He didn't tell MCW to penetrate & score. Jerami needs to defer less IMHO, Jimmy took the ball out of his hands by pulling him just because he missed an open baseline jumper, which was good shot selection, instead he should have told him to take more of those. How come we never post James at the FT line against a zone.....if the D doesn't come very quickly he should have easy turn-around jumpers from there as he could easily get his shot off against even a D that is coming fast, but just a tad late ???

I didn't check the box, but in SWC's post he said the rebounding stats were about even. I guess my eyes deceive me,as forgetting the raw numbers it seemed like they got all of the big ones.

Bottom line - they showed more and more cool as the game progresses and we showed more and more frustration..not exactly a winning formula.

PS - It is patently obvious that we cannot get very far with the giant donut hole in the middle. The horse is probably out of the barn as far as this season is concerned, but the only teeny, weeny hope is if somehow it is not too late to get DC2 untracked to contribute at least 7 & 5 forward going - he has simply got to be given as many minutes as his conditioning allows if we are to have any hope whatsoever for a strong March.

What disaster? We lost a basketball game. I thought you were talking about what happened at Daytona.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom