My Three and Three... | Syracusefan.com

My Three and Three...

newmexicuse

All Conference
three things I especially liked and three things that I especially disliked from yesterday's game:

1. Roberson - I liked what he accomplished out there. He looked much better than he did against Nova. I really hope that he has earned his way into the rotation - I think he can and will contribute this season.

2. X - Took his tongue lashing like a man. This was the most active that I ever saw him play on the O end. Great movement to get himself into position to receive the ball & flush. I also like his 10 foot or so baseline J. I doubt he has permanently turned the corner, but there is really no reason why this kid can't average 8 PPG or more forward going. Get it done X !!!

3. Ennis 's passing - at another level. You woulda thought the hometown scorekeeper could have found his 10th assist somewhere. Unbelievable on the behind the back pass

Disliked:

1. Ennis's scoring - I am not concerned so much with the bolo he put up as they way he did it. He missed two bunny layups and a FT. I think it was mostly a lack of focus because he knew we did not need him to put up points yesterday, but this isn't the first time he has missed bunnies at the rim. The good news in this is that this is the area of his game that really, really needs to get better before he should be thinking about the next level.

2. CJ - a solid overall game, but for an ACC POY he should be more efficient in terms of limiting TOs and having a higher FG%. His missing trey shot this season is an especial area of concern. He is probably our 2nd biggest trey threat & we need him to shoot at least 35% from yonder to take pressure off of Trevor.

3. Team funk - third straight game the team has had a significant really bad stretch. That won't cut it against Duke and some others.

three things I especially liked and three things that I especially disliked from yesterday's game:

1. Roberson - I liked what he accomplished out there. He looked much better than he did against Nova. I really hope that he has earned his way into the rotation - I think he can and will contribute this season.

2. X - Took his tongue lashing like a man. This was the most active that I ever saw him play on the O end. Great movement to get himself into position to receive the ball & flush. I also like his 10 foot or so baseline J. I doubt he has permanently turned the corner, but there is really no reason why this kid can't average 8 PPG or more forward going. Get it done X !!!

3. Ennis 's passing - at another level. You woulda thought the hometown scorekeeper could have found his 10th assist somewhere. Unbelievable on the behind the back pass

Disliked:

1. Ennis's scoring - I am not concerned so much with the bolo he put up as they way he did it. He missed two bunny layups and a FT. I think it was mostly a lack of focus because he knew we did not need him to put up points yesterday, but this isn't the first time he has missed bunnies at the rim. The good news in this is that this is the area of his game that really, really needs to get better before he should be thinking about the next level.

2. CJ - a solid overall game, but for an ACC POY he should be more efficient in terms of limiting TOs and having a higher FG%. His missing trey shot this season is an especial area of concern. He is probably our 2nd biggest trey threat & we need him to shoot at least 35% from yonder to take pressure off of Trevor.

3. Team funk - third straight game the team has had a significant really bad stretch. That won't cut it against Duke and some others.

Agree wholeheartedly

CJ's turnovers and what appears to be laziness/carelessness bug the crap out of me. I think it will be his undoing in any hope for ACC POY or more national awards.

I thought our man in the middle of the zone last night on offense was way too indecisive most of night...too many strips. I think Grant must have been stripped two or three times.

It did seem like the team shut it down when they got up 20 in the first half...maybe that was in honor of Rob Murphy's return. I believe it also coincided with some substitutions that were made bringing in both Baye and MGB that made things a bit stagnant on offense.

Disliked:

I am not worried about the team funk. These games are tough and i can guarantee you against the better teams it wont happen

I am not worried about the team funk. These games are tough and i can guarantee you against the better teams it wont happen
It happened against Nova right outta the gate.

Well we dd win by a ton. Its going to happen from time to time. They way we responded against nova told me more about this team than the first 9 minutes did.
Yes, I agree it showed the team has cool under pressure and no quit. However, we were really physically dominant against a team like Nova. We will not be that physically superior to some of our upcoming ACC foes, and a negative 18 point stretch against those types of foes will lead to a lot more Ls than Ws no matter how tough we are mentally thereafter.

It's a good thing the ACC is worse than the AAC, it will give the Orange time to work out the funks.

I dont disagree with any points but I also see these as small things needing refinement vs weaknesses leading to losses. Almost no one will play a zone as well as emu did this year. Emu by way of their coach and their scheme is very familiar with our system and it showed when they got their sea legs. My only beef with ennis is he is going to need to occassionally pull the trigger from 3 a few times a game to keep teams honest. He had a shot against emu a few times and passed it up. Would like to see him hit 1 or 2 a game to make himself more of a threat.

Disliked:

It's hard to get up at this time of year for this kind of opponent - good enough to beat you if you don't put forth an honest effort. They will be focused when the games begin to count in the standings. They'll be paying attention to that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom