my two cents | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Beautiful late fall day in CNY. Too bad we didn't play like the weather.

This game was lost last week. Not because we didn't pull out the victory but because the Clemson game was the straw that finally broke our backs from a health standpoint. Dino alluded as much during the week and his foreshadowing was spot on. If we play ND with a healthy team, I'm convinced we beat them 7 out of 10 games. As it was, we gave them 3 scores and actually had a chance to steal this game if not for the tipped interception.

I don't think that our staff coached a bad game, but they put a player on the field at QB that shouldn't have played beyond the first Quarter once it was evident, he wasn't able to run. Shrader is a dual threat QB and the minute his better half was lost we were done.

I wonder if the result would have been different if Carlos had started or at a minimum played all but the first three series.

Going forward need to play him until Shrader has his wheels back. Two banged up kids running the RPO isn't a good idea.

Injuries have caught up to us and if the staff doesn't play the long game, we might not win another one. I believe they need to sit Shrader next week and let him get better. Two weeks if that's what it takes.

My other take is that we need to hit the portal hard for WRs. We are FCS level at the position and when one of your best options is a 7th year Senior who can't catch a cold you know the cupboard is bare.

Sit Shrader unless has 100% next week and let Carlos see what he can do with a game plan tailored to his skills.

6 and 2 is still great and I feel good about our future. This one hurt as we whip these guys if we are healthy.

Chins up Guys,

Go Orange

This game was lost last week. Not because we didn't pull out the victory but because the Clemson game was the straw that finally broke our backs from a health standpoint. Dino alluded as much during the week and his foreshadowing was spot on. If we play ND with a healthy team, I'm convinced we beat them 7 out of 10 games. As it was, we gave them 3 scores and actually had a chance to steal this game if not for the tipped interception.

I don't think that our staff coached a bad game, but they put a player on the field at QB that shouldn't have played beyond the first Quarter once it was evident, he wasn't able to run. Shrader is a dual threat QB and the minute his better half was lost we were done.

I wonder if the result would have been different if Carlos had started or at a minimum played all but the first three series.

Going forward need to play him until Shrader has his wheels back. Two banged up kids running the RPO isn't a good idea.

Injuries have caught up to us and if the staff doesn't play the long game, we might not win another one. I believe they need to sit Shrader next week and let him get better. Two weeks if that's what it takes.

My other take is that we need to hit the portal hard for WRs. We are FCS level at the position and when one of your best options is a 7th year Senior who can't catch a cold you know the cupboard is bare.

Sit Shrader unless has 100% next week and let Carlos see what he can do with a game plan tailored to his skills.

6 and 2 is still great and I feel good about our future. This one hurt as we whip these guys if we are healthy.

Chins up Guys,

Go Orange
Agree about the wr. Very noticeable in person

Everyone needs to remember we are 6-2 the sky is not falling “yet”. As much as these two losses make it feel that way, lots of football left to play. I am with those that say if GS isn’t healthy next week, in Carlos we trust.

Everyone needs to remember we are 6-2 the sky is not falling “yet”. As much as these two losses make it feel that way, lots of football left to play. I am with those that say if GS isn’t healthy next week, in Carlos we trust.
Do we chance starting CDRW in that hostile environment? ;)

Chins up Guys,

Go Orange
Colby Young 6' 6 230 ..FROM BINGHAMTON HIGHSCHOOL who plays WR for Miami , was
wider receiver of the week in the ACC. How did Syracuse not grab him, maybe we can grab him in the Portal if he leaves

Chins up Guys,

Go Orange
Too many mistakes.

This game could have been won.

We are in the brave new world of NIL. We're going to need more than 2 cents from you.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom