my two cents | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

Regardless of the depth and injuries, the five game slide was impacted more by the sequence of the schedule than anything else. These were arguably our 5 toughest games and we played 3 on the road. At Clemson, home vs. a Notre Dame team that had found its stride winning six of its last seven and playing at a Top 10 level, on the road in our personal hell at Pitt without QB1, home against a very talented FSU team similar to ND, that won its last 6 and at a Wake Forest team that was ranked in the top 10 at one point.
Reswizzle the schedule to break up that gauntlet and the retrospective on 2022 takes a much more positive spin.
Valid point but who knows if we play Clemson when we played Louisville could have been worse. Might have missed a bowl and everyone wants Dinos scalp. Was certainly a daunting schedule and this year is easier but injuries will still tell the story of 2023. Fingers crossed!

Agree with much of what you said but a word of caution is that we probably lost more really good players ro graduation and the draft this year than anytime since 2012/2013. Has to matter.
Agreed but i still think we end up with a deeper team, especially on both lines. Shrader should be improved, WR improved, LBs same or better, punter better, DBs drop in talent, RB slight drop but not much, TE improved.
Depth at All positions other than TE, DB. Rb

Agreed but i still think we end up with a deeper team, especially on both lines. Shrader should be improved, WR improved, LBs same or better, punter better, DBs drop in talent, RB slight drop but not much, TE improved.
Depth at All positions other than TE, DB. Rb
All true.

Pace of the last drive seemed slow. We scored but didn't have a ton of pace on that drive down two scores.
Agree about this. The last drive was conducted like we were down 1 TD instead of 2-Very little urgency. Almost like we were content just covering the spread. Arguably our best drive was the 2 minute drive at the end of the 1st half. We needed that pace in the 4th quarter down 15.

We got smoked once. Played a bunch of games with backups all over the field and competed to the whistle.

The days of Cooper Lutz types (no offense to him, first guy I could think of) Patriot League sized second stringers are over.
Yep

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom