my two cents | Syracusefan.com

my two cents

kcsu

Living Legend
Another away game another loss. On the road at NCS, at night of course we will lose. Injuries to four starting D players is probably why we lost as we just don't have the depth. Those ing southern refs cost us another game.

Wait a minute, was that a nightmare? Or is something different this year? Could it be coaching? A culture change, training?

DART is why we are different this year. Fran Brown and his staff is why we are different this year. Coaching matters. Training matters, Culture matters.

If not for Fran there is no Kyle, no LA, No OG, No Justin, No Duce, No Marlow, No Meeks, No starting Tackles, and probably no wins at UNLV or last night.

Yes, we have a long way to go to get this program back to where we belong. Yes, the D is maddening at times. But if you sit back and take a look at what has been accomplished in less than 9 months with this program it is pretty amazing.

We beat two really good teams on the Road on National TV in spite of injuries, Mistakes, Crappy refereeing, and some young coaching mistakes. In years past we would have been blown out and embarassed. Would have been bitching about our injuries and Southern cooking.

Fran is different in so many ways and so far, he is different in the one way that most of us care the most about. Winning.
We are one play away from being unbeaten. We are a few plays away from blowing out everyone we have played.

As to last night I thought that the D played their arses off. Sure, lots of mistakes, head scratching throw my drink through the tv mistakes but they were the difference. Down two starters on the D line. Justin at LB, No Barnes,
Missing our QB Marlow for yet another win.

So much to be proud of. So much room for improvement. Not even one year into the Fran ing Brown experience and I couldn't be happier that JW had the stones to make this hire.

Pittsburg and the remaining games are all going to be tough. Getting Marlow and Barnes back will be huge, and the bye week comes at a very good time for a beat-up squad.

5-1. That is Five and ing One!

I sure like Sunday mornings a heck of a lot better this year. Let's finish this!

Go Cuse!

I am all in and this is a fantastic post, but it should be noted I will always reserve the right to complain about Southern cooking.
I guess its been 12 years since we have won back to back road games which is crazy plus we beat two very good teams. Add to the fact that both were on National TV and its pretty sweet.

Pitt will be tough they have a really good team and im worried about their QB who is a stud. Hopefully we get both Marlow and Barnes back which would be huge.

I watched some of PITT yesterday, and they are certainly going to be a challenge. Hopefully the O line has gelled enough to deal with what I expect will be a lot of pressure. I saw some strides last night when it appeared NC State brought the house. McCord can be deadly with just one more tick on the clock.

Another away game another loss. On the road at NCS, at night of course we will lose. Injuries to four starting D players is probably why we lost as we just don't have the depth. Those ing southern refs cost us another game.

Wait a minute, was that a nightmare? Or is something different this year? Could it be coaching? A culture change, training?

DART is why we are different this year. Fran Brown and his staff is why we are different this year. Coaching matters. Training matters, Culture matters.

If not for Fran there is no Kyle, no LA, No OG, No Justin, No Duce, No Marlow, No Meeks, No starting Tackles, and probably no wins at UNLV or last night.

Yes, we have a long way to go to get this program back to where we belong. Yes, the D is maddening at times. But if you sit back and take a look at what has been accomplished in less than 9 months with this program it is pretty amazing.

We beat two really good teams on the Road on National TV in spite of injuries, Mistakes, Crappy refereeing, and some young coaching mistakes. In years past we would have been blown out and embarassed. Would have been bitching about our injuries and Southern cooking.

Fran is different in so many ways and so far, he is different in the one way that most of us care the most about. Winning.
We are one play away from being unbeaten. We are a few plays away from blowing out everyone we have played.

As to last night I thought that the D played their arses off. Sure, lots of mistakes, head scratching throw my drink through the tv mistakes but they were the difference. Down two starters on the D line. Justin at LB, No Barnes,

So much to be proud of. So much room for improvement. Not even one year into the Fran ing Brown experience and I couldn't be happier that JW had the stones to make this hire.

Pittsburg and the remaining games are all going to be tough. Getting Marlow and Barnes back will be huge, and the bye week comes at a very good time for a beat-up squad.

I sure like Sunday mornings a heck of a lot better this year. Let's finish this!

Go Cuse!
Great post

Go Cuse!
Having Kyle McCord makes a difference

Having Kyle McCord makes a difference
He is special. Also I give the coaches a lot of credit for how they put him in control. Fran and Nixon have done a great job utilizing his strengths. It's also becoming clear why they hired an OL coach who has had success protecting QBs. Kyle has thrown the ball over 100 times the last two games against pressure and has barely been touched and the OL has very few holding calls. Very impressive

I watched some of PITT yesterday, and they are certainly going to be a challenge. Hopefully the O line has gelled enough to deal with what I expect will be a lot of pressure. I saw some strides last night when it appeared NC State brought the house. McCord can be deadly with just one more tick on the clock.
Ncs did def bring the house alot and we did well most of the time even when they sent more than we could block byt got ball off quickly

Go Cuse!
Nice post - you could have stopped after paragraph three!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom