My wife and child need a mute button | Syracusefan.com

My wife and child need a mute button

durhamcuse

Walk On
I was able to mute the announcers when they were bothering me, but the F words coming out of my mouth, especially when Sillyman hit that game tying 3 at the end of regulation, made even my cats blush. Good thing my daughter is 16 and has heard it all before.

Not sure I want to try giving up 16-18 3s to a team and expect to win. That was some game.

Go Cuse!

My wife quietly closed to door to my basement mancave as the F-bombs kept streaming up from those amazing Duke 3s. but wife and daughter had heard it before too..

I wish there was a way to only hear the crowd (at their actual decibel level) with no announcers.

My wife and one of my girls were polite at first, telling me to settle down. I got further out of hand after that. They were following the game closely, too so gave me some slack, but wanted me to calm down. They have since elected to keep me, so I'm good until at least Monday.

volume wise we typically use gerrymac (3) for commercials. moten (21) or thompson (32) for live action.
and screaming (44) to bring it home! what a great victory. ears still ringing.

Opened this thread assuming the OP was wishing that he could mute the wife and kids ;)

I was lucky enough to have a pause button when I had to bring the girls upstairs to bed. Got back downstairs with Syracuse up by 3 with 1:11 to go. Started the game up only to have the girls ask why I was screaming a bit later! Great game and I bet my daughters are wondering why I get so happy and impatient during a game.

Didnt even read the message. "Liked" solely on the thread title.

I was able to mute the announcers when they were bothering me, but the F words coming out of my mouth, especially when Sillyman hit that game tying 3 at the end of regulation, made even my cats blush. Good thing my daughter is 16 and has heard it all before.

Not sure I want to try giving up 16-18 3s to a team and expect to win. That was some game.

Go Cuse!
I had the exact same reaction. My wife has also heard it all in the past. We are Fbomb bros.

LOL - so I'm not the only one. :)
I must have let out a 10 second F-bomb when that 3 went in at the end of regulation - actually hurt my throat.
My wife goes upstairs when I get like that during games.

I dropped more f bombs during this game than I have about 6 months.

My wife just sat idly by and didn't say a word, I think she appreciates my in game insanity.