Myles Davis is a fullback? | Syracusefan.com

Myles Davis is a fullback?

Frozen

2022 Cali Winner (Rushing Yards)
I'd only heard that he'd be used as a linebacker, until now. Guess I missed something.

He was moved awhile back.

That really sucks for him. A boring role at an outdated and dying position with limited opportunity at the next level.

And it appears that Marrone will continue to run the tried and true "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense in the future. It has worked amazingly well so far. Opposing defenses have no chance against such a creative scheme.

I hope not...I was really looking forward to him pushing Spruill at MLB. Really hard to compete a MLB @ 216lbs.

i have to figure maybe the knees don't show the lateral quickness they want. but he is in fact a fb.

Does this mean Spruill should be back for fall?

I dunno... but we need some more depth at LB, that is for sure...

i have to figure maybe the knees don't show the lateral quickness they want. but he is in fact a fb.
Yep, could even be a lateral stability issue.

Any word on Oliver V maybe moving inside? I've read that he has put on a bunch of weight.

As long as he is fine moving forward. Huge FB with some athleticism. Bunch of walk on FB's still around.

How can you play FB vs LB? FB takes a lower body pounding is cut all of the time and needs to move as much as a LB. Kid must be hurt but every article ever written about him was about LB.

Does this mean BB King is our Tight End and Coltraine is out Tailback?

I don't understand this though, not saying it isn't true because it very well could be. could they have worked him out already? tested the knees already in a game environment, if they can tell this with just a few workouts from his driveway then Davis will never play.

I would say that Adam Harris had a pretty big role in the offense last year, not a glorious role but he played a pretty big part of what they are trying to do, and on top of that the more bullies and tough guys Marrone gets on his offense the better, that is what he needs to run his O. Davis def looks the part and my point is fullback may have been the plan for Davis from day one but who knows

I definitely can see the knee being an issue eitherway ( fullback or LB) but Davis can be a big part of this offense, NOT a sexy role but still a big part.

Does this mean BB King is our Tight End and Coltraine is out Tailback?

what would a blues guy and a great jazz musician be doing on the same offense?

Bizarro world.

Myles is a FB when everyone wants to see him at LB.

DMF is a LB when everyone wants to see him at RB.

The problem is there are no FBs on the team.

He's built like Tony Fiammetta and he fills a need.

The problem is there are no FBs on the team.

He's built like Tony Fiammetta and he fills a need.

Don't disagree at all. If they projected the kid to be a great MLB they would never consider moving him. You don't move a potential good MLB to a position like FB.

Don't disagree at all. If they projected the kid to be a great MLB they would never consider moving him. You don't move a potential good MLB to a position like FB.

Another example of why it's pointless to get too fired up one way or another over a recruit or a recruiting class -- it was literally, what, 6 weeks ago? that I kept reading how he was going to be our starting MLB. I mean, there were literally multiple posters acting as if it was a forgone conclusion that Davis would supplant D. Davis as a regular.

Another example of why it's pointless to get too fired up one way or another over a recruit or a recruiting class -- it was literally, what, 6 weeks ago? that I kept reading how he was going to be our starting MLB. I mean, there were literally multiple posters acting as if it was a forgone conclusion that Davis would supplant D. Davis as a regular.

Yep, but so few understand these things.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom