Myles Farmer in the portal (maybe?) | Syracusefan.com

Myles Farmer in the portal (maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your head coach is fired during the season EVERY player has a 30 day window to hit the portal. So Syracuse players can enter the portal NOW. This is the third player this week. Players on other teams will have to wait until December 4th

Dismissing Babers before the season was over so we could get a head start in searching for his replacement may have potentially opened the outgoing flood gates to the portal.

Farmer was unhappy with his lack of playing time; 1 defensive rep on the last three games. He was very active on special teams so his departure will be felt immediately. And, he was projected to be a start in 2024.

Usually players who enter the portal are no longer active with the team. Meaning they don’t continue to practice or to play in games. Will Syracuse Football deviate from this practice considering the circumstances (I hope they do)? We will see tomorrow. Letting players enter the portal and allowing then to continue to practice and play is good for everyone. The new staff will have a chance to Re-recruit players, which is good for Syracuse. And players will have a chance to showcase their talents. Of course we need to win so we have a chance to play another game.

I’m hearing there are several players who will not be playing in a bowl game (if we qualify). Some will simply opt out cause they think they have a chance to go to the league. Others are headed to the portal. Will we even have enough players to field a competitive team?

Our players are getting approached by different schools (some in conference schools) and being told of six figure opportunities. Are such opportunities real or not? One doesn’t know until they get there. Not to worry cause I’ve heard the NIL opportunities at Syracuse are competitive.

And don’t think our assistant coaches aren’t being approached and or aren’t looking for job security themselves. White and Anae left before the bowl game last year.

Is the popcorn ready?

image0 (1).jpeg

If your head coach is fired during the season EVERY player has a 30 day window to hit the portal. So Syracuse players can enter the portal NOW. This is the third player this week. Players on other teams will have to wait until December 4th

Dismissing Babers before the season was over so we could get a head start in searching for his replacement may have potentially opened the outgoing flood gates to the portal.

Farmer was unhappy with his lack of playing time; 1 defensive rep on the last three games. He was very active on special teams so his departure will be felt immediately. And, he was projected to be a start in 2024.

Usually players who enter the portal are no longer active with the team. Meaning they don’t continue to practice or to play in games. Will Syracuse Football deviate from this practice considering the circumstances (I hope they do)? We will see tomorrow. Letting players enter the portal and allowing then to continue to practice and play is good for everyone. The new staff will have a chance to Re-recruit players, which is good for Syracuse. And players will have a chance to showcase their talents. Of course we need to win so we have a chance to play another game.

I’m hearing there are several players who will not be playing in a bowl game (if we qualify). Some will simply opt out cause they think they have a chance to go to the league. Others are headed to the portal. Will we even have enough players to field a competitive team?

Our players are getting approached by different schools (some in conference schools) and being told of six figure opportunities. Are such opportunities real or not? One doesn’t know until they get there. Not to worry cause I’ve heard the NIL opportunities at Syracuse are competitive.

And don’t think our assistant coaches aren’t being approached and or aren’t looking for job security themselves. White and Anae left before the bowl game last year.

Is the popcorn ready?
Thanks for sharing. With change comes transition. Comes with the territory. Time for us to ride this out. Hopefully if we get a strong replacement shortly at HC it will translate to some positive changes. I am having a beer, sitting back and watching with some excitement that some good things are going to happen.

Is the popcorn ready?
Thanks as always for the insight.

I used to watch almost every bowl game years ago, but the proliferation of bowls and things like players sitting them out have really killed my interest.

However, I will watch the bowl where some team has lost 25+ guys to the portal and has guys player positions they’ve never played before because they have no other choice. That’ll be a disastrous trainwreck - as wrong as it is, I won’t be able to avoid gawking at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom