Myles Farmer transferring to App State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Myles Farmer transferring to App State

You guys are more knowledgeable with coaching experience, etc. I just didn't like what I saw from Delaine or Bellamy this season in their second year (Edit). Yes they were RS' but Duce came in as a freshman and immediately looked good. That's what I imagine for Barnes. Of course, as more of a consumer on here than a contributor, I might be wearing Orange glasses. But I don't take it personally and appreciate the insights. :)
Fair points and I understand your thoughts.

You guys are more knowledgeable with coaching experience, etc. I just didn't like what I saw from Delaine or Bellamy this season in their second year (Edit). Yes they were RS' but Duce came in as a freshman and immediately looked good. That's what I imagine for Barnes. Of course, as more of a consumer on here than a contributor, I might be wearing Orange glasses. But I don't take it personally and appreciate the insights. :)
Duce is probably the exception and not the standard that Delaine and Bellamy should be held to. They were probably thrown into the fire before they were fully ready. But agree they need to improve and hopefully they will.

Was there that much of a sample size for DeLaine?

Beasley was one of my biggest wants. I really thought we had a shot for the flip.

I like Barnes as the next guy and think he has the ability to contribute a lot to this program, but pencliling him at starting corner at only 165lbs might be too much to ask as he transitions his game and body to this level. A year in the S&C program and being an emergency guy are my expectations.

As for ST’s I think it’s too important to just throw guys out there to give starters a rest. I like schools that put there best athlete’s out there and try to make an impact. I know it’s old school, but it made a career at VT under Beamer and I thought Saban does the same thing. 2018 showed us how much of a difference great ST’s play made. Granted I don’t believe we played all rotation guys but men like Canton-Arku and i’m forgetting the other one, were absolute menaces the entire year.

I think some of the names mentioned could be space made for positons of need since we have the insane luxury of probably having to choose between key position areas and telling kids we would otherwise take, no.

Right now I think Bellamy is penciled in as one corner but i hope to see improvement.

Delaine didn’t really stand out either way but let’s have him fight for a position and re-evaluate in Spring.

I don’t even remember Long which is never a good thing.

I thought Haile was brought in as a WR but considering how full that room is I can see him playing defense.

Smith and Perry have the feel of someone who may never see the field.

I had the same impression of Gould as I did of Farmer last year which wasn’t good. Never stood out and seemed a step slow. Big year for him. Earn your spot or get passed by with the younger talent we’re accumulating.

I’m fine with Duce at nickel or if hw proves himself and based on who we bring in corner.

Still seems to me we really need to bring in game ready corners and the options are widdling down by the day. Clark doesn’t strike me as a corner and think he’s done a good job at safety.

Will be interesting to see if we can get any of these plug and play corners we’re after.
We had Beasley flipped until Purdue up’ed the amount of money they would give him lol

Made his way from the flat terrain of Nebraska to being surrounded by mountains. That's some nice geographic variety.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom