Naoya Inoue | Syracusefan.com

Naoya Inoue

SWC75

Bored Historian
He dominant Jason Moloney on ESPN+ tonight. I'd seen highlight films but this was the first live fight I'd seen in him. He was very impressive. Moloney was a solid fighter but completely over-matched here. Inoue had excellent footwork, a fabulous jab, quick hands and could throw all the punches and in combination . He was good at blocking punches or moving away from them. Moloney got in a couple of good body shots but was constantly getting hit while he waited for his onw punches to land, including the the one that finally KO'd him in the 7th round. it was the second time he was down. Inoue landed 107 punches to 62. They took Moloney off on a stretcher but said that it was "a precautionary move". I hope so.

Inoue's problem is finding a superfight. He's risen from light flyweight to bantamweight. I don't see an opponent that would bring in the casual boxing fan for a big pay-per-view event. Instead, he may just have a long reign wit a lot of defenses.

IMO, Monster has the most complete offensive attack in boxing...
But agree - he’s destined to be the next Ricardo Lopez (great lower weight fighter nobody really watched) unless he goes up another weight classification or two...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom