Nassib in a nutshell | Syracusefan.com

Nassib in a nutshell

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2...s-ryan-nassib-a-legit-backup-new-york-giants/

some of the best NYG writers all on the same page.

literally.
draft guys let the perfect be the enemy of the good. you can blindly look at passer ratings and be mostly right or you can be a guru like russ lande and be spectacularly wrong

guy was 37th in the country in passer rating as a senior, which all of us would've taken in a heartbeat ahead of time (especially me). but those guys will have to fight to be backups

if only there was a formula that can grade passers by completion %, td%, int% and yards per attempt.. hmmm

draft guys let the perfect be the enemy of the good. you can blindly look at passer ratings and be mostly right or you can be a guru like russ lande and be spectacularly wrong

guy was 37th in the country in passer rating as a senior, which all of us would've taken in a heartbeat ahead of time (especially me). but those guys will have to fight to be backups

if only there was a formula that can grade passers by completion %, td%, int% and yards per attempt.. hmmm
absolutely.

its a numbers game that is easy to add up too. hell, lets not even look at starting because only about 9 or 10 change each year.

32 teams, 64 guaranteed jobs. lets make the math easy and say 11 teams keep 3 QBs, thats 75 jobs.

last year Nassib was determined to be one of the 75 best people on the planet to play QB, mostly by hype and draft guru's.

the numbers say otherwise. 37th best in the country as a SR?? not to mention the fail in the all important "KaiserUEye' test.

its sink or swim time. theres no free-ride to the 75 this year.

hope he wows us this August.

absolutely.

its a numbers game that is easy to add up too. hell, lets not even look at starting because only about 9 or 10 change each year.

32 teams, 64 guaranteed jobs. lets make the math easy and say 11 teams keep 3 QBs, thats 75 jobs.

last year Nassib was determined to be one of the 75 best people on the planet to play QB, mostly by hype and draft guru's.

the numbers say otherwise. 37th best in the country as a SR?? not to mention the fail in the all important "KaiserUEye' test.

its sink or swim time. theres no free-ride to the 75 this year.

hope he wows us this August.
at least the giants didn't bet three years of drafts on a QB from a lousy draft year.

I enjoy this guy's comment

"His arm looks fine but nothing special. His command of the offense looks okay but nothing special. His decision-making looks to be adequate..."

Sounds like back up material to me.

if he can't beat out Curtis "noodle" painter for backup job he has no future

Chris02M said:
if he can't beat out Curtis "noodle" painter for backup job he has no future in football

Fixed it for you. Nassib will be in NY making cash on wall street.

All I know is that is has not been a profitable enterprise betting against Nassib, so I won't.

Absolutely no need to explain IthacaMatt
200% does he have a need to explain.

and when he does...and i rebuke everything he has to offer...i hope YOU, will finally get it.

for clearly, you never have.

We all watched the games for 4 years. He was the original shaky potatoes who ended up solid as a Senior but let's not rewrite history and pretend that any of us thought Ryan would become an NFL player of any substance.

When the talking heads had him going to the Bills at 8 ... pfft. I mean gimme a break! I woulda thrown my coffee table through my flat-screen! I felt bad for the kid because there is no way he could fulfill that hype. He was not and is not that caliber of quarterback.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Ryan to succeed and despite how things appear now I still think he could make it as a back-up in NFL if given time to develop. I could see him winning some games as a back-up at some point. Love that he's behind a guy like Eli and playing under Coughlin, that should help if he can stick there.

It's a hard pill to swallow because we all love Ryan but its not hard to see where Kaiser is coming from on this, especially considering he's a Giants fan. And he doesn't hate all SU guys... he is the CEO of the Justin Pugh Fan Club.

We all watched the games for 4 years. He was the original shaky potatoes who ended up solid as a Senior but let's not rewrite history and pretend that any of us thought Ryan would become an NFL player of any substance.

When the talking heads had him going to the Bills at 8 ... pfft. I mean gimme a break! I woulda thrown my coffee table through my flat-screen! I felt bad for the kid because there is no way he could fulfill that hype. He was not and is not that caliber of quarterback.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Ryan to succeed and despite how things appear now I still think he could make it as a back-up in NFL if given time to develop. I could see him winning some games as a back-up at some point. Love that he's behind a guy like Eli and playing under Coughlin, that should help if he can stick there.

It's a hard pill to swallow because we all love Ryan but its not hard to see where Kaiser is coming from on this, especially considering he's a Giants fan. And he doesn't hate all SU guys... he is the CEO of the Justin Pugh Fan Club.
Justin is gonna be a beast. with all the screens and quick passes that will be run this year, the RT is going to be a focal point.

the staff loves him and has the utmost confidence in him.

its a shame that nobody here cares because hes an offensive lineman and they cant read a stat in the paper on him.

if the PughCrew is out there reading this...and i know you are, you guys lurk everywhere...PM me. im one of the 1st guys in the lot every Sunday and im going to give him the ultimate Kaiser honor of wearing his jersey (tha last part is called tongue-in-cheek for all you Fn idiots who think im serious). please feel free to stop by my little tailgate.

#67 will be at D8 this fall...

Justin is gonna be a beast. with all the screens and quick passes that will be run this year, the RT is going to be a focal point.

its a shame that nobody here cares because hes an offensive lineman and they cant read a stat in the paper on him.

if the PughCrew is out there reading this...and i know you are, you guys lurk everywhere...PM me. im one of the 1st guys in the lot every Sunday and im going to give him the ultimate Kaiser honor of wearing his jersey (tha last part is called tongue-in-cheek for all you Fn idiots who think im serious). please feel free to stop by my little tailgate.

Please bring me a JP #67 when you visit my new city this fall - Dallas!

Good post. The thing I think many seem to lose sight of is that making it to the NFL even as a backup QB constitutes MAKING IT.

Nassib might never demonstrate the chops to be a starting QB in the league. There's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully he can carve out a nice, lengthy career as a journeyman backup and capitalize on the opportunity to make money playing a GAME as long as he can.

Not developing into an eventual starter doesn't constitute failure--quite the contrary, he's already accomplished something pretty amazing by putting himself in a position to be drafted in the fourth round and play in the NFL in any capacity.

Just my two cents.

Ryan has been on the shelf for a year. It is not surprising that he is rusty and tentative , especially with the maniacal New York media corps over analyzing every breath he takes. That goes double for their hyper-critical over indulged myopic fan base.

I went to the Temple game in 2012 in Philly. The PughCrew t-shirts outnumbered the entire Temple fanbase. About 10 to 1.

Good post. The thing I think many seem to lose sight of is that making it to the NFL even as a backup QB constitutes MAKING IT.

Nassib might never demonstrate the chops to be a starting QB in the league. There's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully he can carve out a nice, lengthy career as a journeyman backup and capitalize on the opportunity to make money playing a GAME as long as he can.

Not developing into an eventual starter doesn't constitute failure--quite the contrary, he's already accomplished something pretty amazing by putting himself in a position to be drafted in the fourth round and play in the NFL in any capacity.

Just my two cents.
Yeah, I mean, just the fact that we're talking about a Syracuse QB in relation to the NFL, and it's not McNabb... the little engine that could actually recruited a QB for us that cashed NFL pay checks.

I mean, wow.