Nassib | Syracusefan.com

Nassib

ejz555

2nd String
from Ivan Maisel - ESPN

"Syracuse quarterback Ryan Nassib ditched a traditional weight-training regimen during this past offseason in favor of drills that more directly reflect the duties of a quarterback. He cut back on bench presses and added more cone drills, core exercises and work with bands. “I was lifting like a linebacker,” Nassib said. “I have to worry about how quick I can be in a two-yard radius.” He is pleased with the results. “Toward the end of the summer, I could feel myself getting looser, having a little more pep to my step.”

Lets just hope he has a good year, we are going to need him to play and play well., no more of this game manager BS.

Nassib did exactly what Syracuse expected and needed him to do last year which was to not lose games for us. He will be taking on a much bigger role in the offense this year and with the upgrades at the WR position, all of the pieces are in place for him to have a big year. If he can once again do what is expected of him Syracuse will have a very good year. This team will go as Ryan Nassib goes.

Is it normal for quarterbacks to bench 420? My sport was baseball, I know the pitchers were on a strict weight training regimine far different than us others. Centered around flexibility and range of motion more than weight. I'd think qbacks would be similar.