national 3p% and 3pa | Syracusefan.com

national 3p% and 3pa

Millhouse

Living Legend
i was curious if anyone else in the country shot 30.8% or less in conference while averaging 9.2 3s per game this year

2 players - both play for VMI. one of them only played in 7 conf games

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

no one finished the year last year with 30.8% or less on 9.2 3pa or more in conference last year

So I checked last year

how many people were at .309 or less with 7.6 or more 3pa in conference?

2 guys (Texas Southern and Grambling). one of those guys only played 1 conference game, he doesn't really count

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

4 other guys with at least 10 conference games since 1997-98 at <30.9% with more than 9.1 shots per game in a season

http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...3val=10&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&order_by=pts

Last edited:

How many threads about the same topic are you going to start? More importantly, aren't you neglecting your duties over on the football board?

He's been fairly tame on the off-topic board as well lately. I guess that's one upside to his constant search to show data the Cooney shoots too much.

How many threads about the same topic are you going to start? More importantly, aren't you neglecting your duties over on the football board?
i'm pretty comfortable guessing that you didn't know there'd only be one guy with significant game appearances two years in a row that shot for that combination of volume and ineffectiveness. i don't post that much on the basketball board and both posts that you up in arms are just numbers.

2 years: cooney shoots too much. YOU'RE WRONG
following a good win where they won when he stopped shooting: ENOUGH ALREADY

Last edited:
i'm pretty comfortable guessing that you didn't know there'd only be one guy with significant game appearances two years in a row that shot for that combination of volume and ineffectiveness. i don't post that much on the basketball board and both posts that you up in arms are just numbers.

2 years: cooney shoots too much. YOU'RE WRONG
following a good win where they won when he stopped shooting: ENOUGH ALREADY

Are those supposed to be my reactions? Because they're not. My reaction was about you making 1000 variations of the same post, making the same point.

Are those supposed to be my reactions? Because they're not. My reaction was about you making 1000 variations of the same post, making the same point.
I'm going to agree to disagree that it's the same point.

I'm going to agree to disagree that it's the same point.

Cooney takes too many shots. Cooney doesn't shoot well enough in conference play to warrant taking so many shots. Look at how few players shoot so many shots and don't shoot a high enough percentage in conference play to warrant it.

Like I said above, all variations on the same theme, the angle you make the same point is the only thing that's different.

The things is, it's a valid point.

Does the point require a dozen different threads saying the same thing in a different way?

You don't go on the football board, so I understand that you aren't familiar with this pattern--but I've seen this movie before. And I'm a HUGE Millhouse fan, BTW, so I actually feel bad for calling him out.

Does the point require a dozen different threads saying the same thing in a different way?

You don't go on the football board, so I understand that you aren't familiar with this pattern--but I've seen this movie before. And I'm a HUGE Millhouse fan, BTW, so I actually feel bad for calling him out.
I feel so much worse!

i added another stat to the top just for you. 4 guys since 98! marius janulis was playing in 1998! he's 67 years old now, i think. my calculations show there have been 69 trillion shooting guards since then

I do find the stats interesting but yeah maybe keep it to that official Cooney thread

"Without Cooney, we wouldn't have won 20 fing games this year...20 fing games!"
th

I feel so much worse!

i added another stat to the top just for you. 4 guys since 98! marius janulis was playing in 1998! he's 67 years old now, i think. my calculations show there have been 69 trillion shooting guards since then

Operator, get me Charlie-0-4-niner--time to order another thread.

there aren't that many players in basketball, we're going to have only one thread for each of them?

Actually I don't think it would be that bad of an idea. On the Cavs forum they have one major thread for each player and coach and it really works well.

Valid or not, we don't need 20 threads about it every other day.

It's a different take. People don't realize how much Cooney's shooting impacts our ability to win.

KJ isn't turning into CP3 anytime soon. This is one area where we can fix right now but pulling back on TC.

We finished the game on a 27-16 run after Cooney took his last shot.

And since JB won't pull TC even if he commits murder on the floor, this will continue to be a topic.

It's a different take. People don't realize how much Cooney's shooting impacts our ability to win.

KJ isn't turning into CP3 anytime soon. This is one area where we can fix right now but pulling back on TC.

We finished the game on a 27-16 run after Cooney took his last shot.

And since JB won't pull TC even if he commits murder on the floor, this will continue to be a topic.

We have no backup for Cooney and his shooting hasn't cost us any games this year that I can think of. Somebody else would have to take those shots and convert at a significantly higher clip. It's not as simple as just getting the ball to Rak more (we get him the ball virtually every chance we have) or letting G do all the shooting (he disappears for stretches). Just like GMac, if you take away his 1-10 games, you also take away the 5-12 games or the 7-11 games.

We have no backup for Cooney and his shooting hasn't cost us any games this year that I can think of. Somebody else would have to take those shots and convert at a significantly higher clip. It's not as simple as just getting the ball to Rak more (we get him the ball virtually every chance we have) or letting G do all the shooting (he disappears for stretches). Just like GMac, if you take away his 1-10 games, you also take away the 5-12 games or the 7-11 games.

LOL. OK. We can agree to disagree.

We have done perfectly fine when TC has gotten a blow.

And, yes, it is as simple as getting the ball to Rak more. The biggest issue of getting the ball to Rak more is that TC can barely throw an entry pass to him.

The ridiculous amounts of shots that TC takes pulls opportunities for Rak and G. And not only that, his misses lead to run outs because of long rebounds.

Ask him about his thoughts on school choice.

LOL. OK. We can agree to disagree.

We have done perfectly fine when TC has gotten a blow.

And, yes, it is as simple as getting the ball to Rak more. The biggest issue of getting the ball to Rak more is that TC can barely throw an entry pass to him.

The ridiculous amounts of shots that TC takes pulls opportunities for Rak and G. And not only that, his misses lead to run outs because of long rebounds.

What are you talking about? Half of the entry passes to Rak are from Cooney

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom