National coach of the year and Acc coy | Syracusefan.com

National coach of the year and Acc coy

Briancuse

Living Legend
Who do you got? I am going with Alford, Ucla had a losing record last year, and they are 27-3, and for Acc have to give it to Pastnor, that team has very little talent, and he has been able to squeeze 8 wins out of them, hopefully only 8 after sat.

I would go Mark Few for National Coach of the Year and for the ACC I would go Buzz Williams. VT has won 21 games and are 10-7 in the league. I don't remember where they were heading into the year in terms of expectations. I generally like rewarding coaches who get their team in the top portion of the conference over the we thought you were going to be terrible and you made the team middle of the road coaching job.

I like Alford, but I'll go Altman from Oregon. ACC, I dunno, Pastner or Hamilton.:noidea:

I would go Mark Few for National Coach of the Year and for the ACC I would go Buzz Williams. VT has won 21 games and are 10-7 in the league. I don't remember where they were heading into the year in terms of expectations. I generally like rewarding coaches who get their team in the top portion of the conference over the we thought you were going to be terrible and you made the team middle of the road coaching job.

You could give it to Buzz, but Tech was suppose to be decent, Gt was picked dead last.

If you don't pick Mark Gottfried in the ACC, I guess my second choice is Pastner. For national, I'll go Mark Few. I refuse to pick Steve Alford...1987

Last edited:
ACC - Buzz Williams (inherited a team that was dog crap 2 years ago and probably wins 11 conference games this year).

National - Mark Few

Love buzz in tbe ACC, but the WAC is a cakewalk for Few. After St. Marys, the league is weak. They won most games by 20+. Buzz and Pastnor did a great job in the ACC.

I can't in good conscience do anything that could possible acknowledge Josh Pastner as a good coach.

Hamilton and Alford.

ACC: Mike Brey. Irish were predicted to be a middle of the pack team but will end up finishing top 4 and has a shot to tie for first. Brey has done more with less then anyone else in the confrence, IMO.

National: Larry Eustachy, Colorado State. First, he loses Gillon in the offseason. Then, he has 3 key rotation players flunk out and declared ineligible for the Spring semester. Mid-January, his team is sitting at 11-8 and has just 7 warm bodies to play with. Since then, they've won 10 of 11 and 7 straight, are in 1st place in the Mountain West. MWC is a single bid conference, so they'll have to win their tourney to make the NCAAs, but still an amazing job.

Alford and Pastner (if GT beats us again). If not then Brey.

Love buzz in tbe ACC, but the WAC is a cakewalk for Few. After St. Marys, the league is weak. They won most games by 20+. Buzz and Pastnor did a great job in the ACC.
Without a doubt it's not a P5 conference but st. Mary's and even byu aren't that bad. They also beat Zona, Iowa state and Florida in the nonconference. I was impressed after losing both sabonis and wiltjer how good they have been.

Buzz for ACC coach of the year.

Nationally - Few or Wright.

Boy, you guys sure are new to the ACC. If UNC wins the regular season championship, and it seems likely that they will, then Ol' Roy will garner the COY honors. That's just the way the conference works. Secondly, while all the suggestions for NCOY are valid, I would not be shocked if it goes to Jay Wright. Of course, there might be enough sentimental types that would vote for Chrissy Collins if/when Northwestern makes the dance for the first time in its history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom