National Media??? | Syracusefan.com

National Media???

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Has anyone in the national media started the “time for boeheim to step aside” columns or has Jim done enough @ss kissing w the national guys to get a stay of execution.

I’m flabbergasted by the rope he has now Vs the rope college football coaches tend to get.

Anyone have any opinion on this?

I doubt it’ll happen, aside from maybe a stray comment here or there. JB is buds with most of the national guys, and we’re so irrelevant at this point it’s hardly worth the ink.
Our brand still kinda matters. The amt of schaudenfreude people are gonna get w us down will be a national story.

Boeheim being a ly dude won’t help if the media decides to tear this down. I think it’s the last thing to drop. The local media is Pravda

Our brand still kinda matters. The amt of schaudenfreude people are gonna get w us down will be a national story.

Boeheim being a ly dude won’t help if the media decides to tear this down. I think it’s the last thing to drop. The local media is Pravda
Nobody cared last year.

Yeah I was definitely exaggerating. A story would get clicks, for sure. There’s just not a whole lot of national college hoops writers left who have any clout. I’m sure there will be “stories” on garbage websites.

Our brand matters to people on this board and in Syracuse, nobody else cares.

I don't think the media cares enough to really rip into Syracuse/JB. Last year we were coming off the Sweet 16 and had the cute story with his kids. This year it should be an obvious its time even JB accepts that and we just root to keep it respectable and speculate about who is next.

He might tell the media this is probably it off the record but that he isn't going to comment publicly that hes stepping down and ask them to not push him on it.

Might be a good thing that every coach in the sport knows that one of the biggest jobs is opening up for the first time in 50 years.

Nope, the brand is gone. It was teetering during the bubble years. Now we are completely irrelevant on a national stage.

Want proof? There’s 16 Nike schools that are in Portland playing in a tournament to honor Phil Knight. We weren’t even considered when they formed the tournament.

Has anyone in the national media started the “time for boeheim to step aside” columns or has Jim done enough @ss kissing w the national guys to get a stay of execution.

I’m flabbergasted by the rope he has now Vs the rope college football coaches tend to get.

Anyone have any opinion on this?
Spot on

Compare to FSU, their school president put a stop to Bowden getting anymore years and the Gator Bowl was it for him

Nope, the brand is gone. It was teetering during the bubble years. Now we are completely irrelevant on a national stage.

Want proof? There’s 16 Nike schools that are in Portland playing in a tournament to honor Phil Knight. We weren’t even considered when they formed the tournament.
Duke and North Carolina are the ACC representatives in those tournaments so Syracuse couldn’t be invited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom