NBA - Colored Courts | Syracusefan.com

NBA - Colored Courts

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
What’s with these colored courts. Trying to watch the Sixers v Hawks tonight and the court is light blue; between that and the on court advertising it’s hard to focus on the action………..ok, maybe it also has something to do with it being the Sixers and Hawks too.

NBA in season tournament.

Like that Gavitt Tipoff Game that Maryland apparently sent one of their Open Gym pick up teams to. Are they really down 30 when the opponent hasn’t yet reached 50?? Holy Crap!!!

That Utah court is alright.

I saw on the sports highlights one team had a red floor and it was almost impossible to see the ball. Players didn't like it, either.

The purpose of the coloured courts, is so that people tuning into the game immediately know its an in-season tournament game. All IST games use these unique courts which have a band down the middle, and lots of varied colours otherwise.

Personally I think its a good idea to have a unique yet identifiable way of telling the crowd its IST. But they need to find a way next year while toning down the design.

Some courts are fine or good - many are a little too much or way too much. I thought the Raptors dark grey court came off pretty well. The Red Courts should be sponsored by the Optometrists Association.

Do the games also count in the regular season standings?

Yes each team plays 4 games which also count against the regular standings. After that the top 8 move on, for a tournament. From what I understand teams outside of the top 8 will then play 2 further games against yet to be determined opponents so that everybody plays 82 games in the end.

Its not a terrible idea. I don't think it has really caught on much, but its better than regular games I think.

The purpose of the coloured courts, is so that people tuning into the game immediately know its an in-season tournament game. All IST games use these unique courts which have a band down the middle, and lots of varied colours otherwise.

Personally I think its a good idea to have a unique yet identifiable way of telling the crowd its IST. But they need to find a way next year while toning down the design.

Some courts are fine or good - many are a little too much or way too much. I thought the Raptors dark grey court came off pretty well. The Red Courts should be sponsored by the Optometrists Association.

Spectacle over substance. Another reason to not like the NBA.

The purpose of the coloured courts, is so that people tuning into the game immediately know its an in-season tournament game.

Why can’t the line score at the bottom of my screen serve that function?

Why can’t the line score at the bottom of my screen serve that function?

There is a happy medium here. I think it can be more than a line on the screen which is not always quickly identifiable.

But that band they have going down the middle of the floor end to end in all these formats, could be the only thing they need to do. The rest of the court could be your normal wood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom