NBA combine measurements for Richardson and Gbinije released | Syracusefan.com

NBA combine measurements for Richardson and Gbinije released

Some really nice measurements for Mal. Good height and great wingspan and hand size(which is important to NBA teams).

G looks good too, really nice height although his shorter arms hurt him a bit.

I count 29 shooting guards/small forwards.

Of the seven categories, Richardson finished in the Top 10 in three of them (#2 wingspan, #3 hand width, #8 hand length) out of those 29 players.

Gbinije finished in the Top 10 in just one category (#7 body fat) - possibly the least important one.

Keep in mind - there are nine players not listed who are currently rated ahead of both Richardson (53) and Gbinije (55) in DraftExpress' latest mock draft:

Brandon Ingram, Duke, Fr. (1)
Jamal Murray, Kentucky, Fr. (6)
Timothe Luwawu, International (13)
Furkan Korkmaz, International (17)
Juan Hernangomez, International (26)
Dejounte Murray, Washington, Fr. (31)
Rade Zagorac, International (36)
Isia Cordinier, International (37)
Paul Zipser, International (42)

What could have been with that wingspan at the top of the zone, tho...

latest

I don't believe the accuracy of those bodyfat numbers

Body builders on show day aren't allthat low

You'd be surprised.
They're probably using one of those Tanita scales. They aren't the most accurate things, but they aren't useless either.

I'm not surprised that guys who run up and down the court as much as they do, have fairly low BF % #'s.

Wiltjer was probably trying to "bulk up" for the combine, since he's a stick-figure otherwise.

You'd be surprised.
They're probably using one of those Tanita scales. They aren't the most accurate things, but they aren't useless either.

I'm not surprised that guys who run up and down the court as much as they do, have fairly low BF % #'s.

Wiltjer was probably trying to "bulk up" for the combine, since he's a stick-figure otherwise.
No doubt these guys are cut up. But under 4? I don't believe that. Your body is in a crazy state to get to that point and bodybuilder's have pretty intense peak weeks to get there. It's not too natural to walk around at that low of body fat. Certainly no expert tho.

I agree with GoHam. I spent 5 minutes Googling body fat percentages because I was bored at work, and it's really hard for me to buy that these players are THAT ripped. Low body fat? Of course. These guys are big-time athletes. But these numbers just seem lower than what they probably actually are.

7 foot wingspan for someone 6'4 and change. that will do more for his draft stock than anything he would actually do at the combine

nbas new mantra is width is the new height. smaller players with longer reaches >>> taller players of same reach.

less chance of breakdown.
more mobility.