NBA Combine Measurements | Syracusefan.com

NBA Combine Measurements

Melancer46

Living Legend
If I post the hyperlink, it'll paste the entire database into this post, so to avoid that:

Add "docs." before this: google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ot_OMGF7AddHIzI3MeMFW9RR7-Ko1Z98g1W4NdekR9Q/edit#gid=88833405

Tyler Lydon: 6'9.5" in shoes with a 7'0" wingspan, 215 lbs. Light as expected, but seems like his height/length will be fine as a PF.

Edit: Also measured with the highest body fat percentage.

Last edited:
He's a fatty!

j/k, I know none of these guys are fat by normal standards. Figured I'd better add this before somebody gets upset.
download (1).jpg

If I post the hyperlink, it'll paste the entire database into this post, so to avoid that:

Add "docs." before this: google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ot_OMGF7AddHIzI3MeMFW9RR7-Ko1Z98g1W4NdekR9Q/edit#gid=88833405

Tyler Lydon: 6'9.5" in shoes with a 7'0" wingspan, 215 lbs. Light as expected, but seems like his height/length will be fine as a PF.

Edit: Also measured with the highest body fat percentage.
Doesn't exactly give confidence in the strength and conditioning.

Bless Lydon's heart. He played 40 every game. An NBA team S&C will make him leaner and he will get some speed.

The fact that Lydon beat out Kennedy Meeks is a real accomplishment.

I am shocked Lydon is that big though.

Lydon also measured with the highest body fat percentage. LOL.

Yeah we could tell last season. That baby fat has to go. Looked liked he trained on a diet of beer and potato chips.

He's what we weight lifters call it as "skinny" fat.

he put on that donyell marshall nba weight. not the hakim warrick cord like nba weight.

The Height and Length measurements look good for him. The high body fat explains why he didn't seem to have that same liveliness to his game that he did as a freshman. Turn that into lean muscle and he's going to get quicker, stronger and more agile.

In the other drills (among big men, out of 14):

5th highest max vert
3rd highest standing vert
6th highest lane agility

Out of the 15 players (of any position) that have done shooting drills, Lydon was:
#2 from NBA range
#2 from College range

Lydon also measured with the highest body fat percentage. LOL.

Yeah we could tell last season. That baby fat has to go. Looked liked he trained on a diet of beer and potato chips.

Easiest foods and drinks to consume while fishing.

In the other drills (among big men, out of 14):

Out of the 15 players (of any position) that have done shooting drills, Lydon was:
#2 from NBA range
#2 from College range

This will help keep him in the first round in my opinion

Easiest foods and drinks to consume while fishing.
Well, that's the knock against fly-fishing. You can't just sit around and pound beer because you're too busy wading up and down rivers and constantly casting.

Trolling a bunch of spoons behind a boat all day? Now that's living!

This says it all imo.

Absolutely. His vertical was solid, and shooting was great. He is an absolute lock for the 1st round. A good shot he goes top 20. The body fat can be dealt with easily when you have NBA trainers, and nutritionists. You can't teach that shot, height, and athleticism. Plus he's a pretty good rebounder, and intelligent player. Could see him sneaking into the lottery at 14 with Miami. Portland would be a good fit at 15, or 20. He would probably love to live out there.

So here's what I don't understand... Tyler Lydon adds some bad weight from his Freshman to Sophomore year (we all agree). But, now the whole strength and conditioning program for hoops is being questioned because one guy added bad weight? What about the transformations that guys like Kris Joseph, Fab Melo, Scoop Jardine & Rick Jackson, etc. for the positive physically? Those are just disregarded? I also think there's an element of the player needing to own their physical development for themselves too (I also think that for player development - that it's on the player and not just coaches whether they develop or not, but that's a different discussion for a different time)

So here's what I don't understand... Tyler Lydon adds some bad weight from his Freshman to Sophomore year (we all agree). But, now the whole strength and conditioning program for hoops is being questioned because one guy added bad weight? What about the transformations that guys like Kris Joseph, Fab Melo, Scoop Jardine & Rick Jackson, etc. for the positive physically? Those are just disregarded? I also think there's an element of the player needing to own their physical development for themselves too (I also think that for player development - that it's on the player and not just coaches whether they develop or not, but that's a different discussion for a different time)

Right. I've seen a lot of players credit Ryan Cabiles for their transformation. He didn't stop helping the players. This is a load of crap. If Gmac or Lydon went fishing over the summer and drank beer and ate burgers n fries, it's on them. Not everything is the staff's fault.

Personally, I'm not blaming the staff. It's on him for his weight. I just think when he's in the NBA with some cash in his pocket, fighting for PT, and with all the resources around him that it's easier to get in better shape. Again, it depends on the player and the work they wanna put in. Players like Mike Sweetney obviously spent a bit more time at the dinner table than the gym.

Maybe he thought being 215 lbs (but with some pudge) sounded better than a ripped 205?

Because 6'9" or 6'10" and 205 sounds anorexic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom