NBA Draft Combine Measurements | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Combine Measurements

Not sure about Southerland, but 41" max vert for MCW on top of his 6'6" height is incredible. Lane agility will be big for him though. Trey Burke didn't test very well there for a PG apparently, but it wouldn't surprise me if he has more lateral quickness than MCW.

James hasn't gone yet MCW is about to do the lane drill now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Chad Ford just tweeted that MCW put up great lane agility numbers. And, apparently, Trey Burke's lane agility numbers were not great.

Why do people think he's not explosive or overly athletic, again?

One thing that surprised me on that list:

Southerland is a half-inch shorter than Otto Porter, but 23 pounds heavier. Never would've guessed that.

Chad Ford just tweeted that MCW put up great lane agility numbers. And, apparently, Trey Burke's lane agility numbers were not great.

No idea. Some of the dunks and rebounds he had this year over the rim are just not things you see from point guards.

Shane Larkin 44-inch vertical??! WOW. He killed it on everything.

@syrbasketball
Michael Carter-Williams is the same height as UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad, who is a small forward

Whitey, I nominate you for Syracusefan.com's twitter king. You are always dropping key tweets in the basketball, football, and recruiting forums. In Pavlovian response to seeing your name, I always assume that you're posting a tweet.

I feel like MCW and Randy Moss are alike in that because they're so long and lanky, it doesn't look like they're running fast, but in reality they're actually flying and covering a ton of ground with each stride.

Wow, if only MCW could shoot the ball, he'd be perfect.

Whitey, I nominate you for Syracusefan.com's twitter king. You are always dropping key tweets in the basketball, football, and recruiting forums. In Pavlovian response to seeing your name, I always assume that you're posting a tweet.
Thanks for the kind words. I've burned out recently. Hoping to get back into it when the commitments start rolling in for HCSS!

A lot of it is effort on the defensive end. He didn't always give it 100% and rarely fought over, under or through picks and screens.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Ryan Kelly at almost 15% body fat is kind of funny. Ledo is over 10%, which, for a basketball player, is relatively high. I think that's a pretty sure sign that he hasn't been doing much since he wasn't playing at Provy and probably won't show well during this camp. Not sure how accurate those tests are, since they've got a guy at 3.3%, which is on the border of being pretty unhealthy. That's like stepping on stage in a professional bodybuilding contest low.

A lot of it is effort on the defensive end. He didn't always give it 100% and rarely fought over, under or through picks and screens.

Lol! We had one of the best defenses in school history and the kid only played about 37mins/per game...maybe he was excellent on defense and the issue is fans have unrealistic expectations.

Lol! We had one of the best defenses in school history and the kid only played about 37mins/per game...maybe he was excellent on defense and the issue is fans have unrealistic expectations.

Missed the point. His length allowed him to get steals and at times bother a shooter. He took advantage if his length. But the workout numbers show he could be so much better. There are defenders that are great at steals or getting in lanes. There are others who are great on the ball defenders. Not too many are great at both. Jason Hart was.

Missed the point. His length allowed him to get steals and at times bother a shooter. He took advantage if his length. But the workout numbers show he could be so much better. There are defenders that are great at steals or getting in lanes. There are others who are great on the ball defenders. Not too many are great at both. Jason Hart was.

I think he will be both...and like JHart he will never be a great shooter

who would have thought Southerland would have the same vertical as DeShaun Thomas? Only 32 inches, I would have guessed upper 30's

who would have thought Southerland would have the same vertical as DeShaun Thomas? Only 32 inches, I would have guessed upper 30's
I was surprised by that as well. Thought he would jump somewhere between 35-38. His agility n sprint numbers look solid tho.

Well according to MCW's scouting report, he was good at both this year.

Southerland ran weird but always looked very atheletic. MCW played and looked freakishly athletic for a PG. I would not be shocked at all to see him go before Trey Burke.