NBA Draft Combine Measurements | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Draft Combine Measurements

Well according to MCW's scouting report, he was good at both this year.

Watch most any game. He rarely tried to fight threw screens and the number of times he failed to get out on a shooter, often got him pulled. He used his length to his advantage and that masked his sometimes lack of effort d'ing up a man.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Watch most any game. He rarely tried to fight threw screens and the number of times he failed to get out on a shooter, often got him pulled. He used his length to his advantage and that masked his sometimes lack of effort d'ing up a man.

We must have watched different games because I don't remember MCW getting pulled very often other than to get a much needed breather. Actually quite the opposite, him playing almost all 40 minutes in each game and consistently pressuring passing lanes and being a menace up top. He was one of the better defenders up top in the zone I can remember in a long time. His combinations of instincts and length was dominant at times on that end. I think if there were ever times he didn't fight through screens it probably had a lot more to do with fatigue than just simply lack of effort. I mean he was asked to do a TON for us on offense surrounded by non shooters and guys who couldn't create for themselves. All while being the primary ball handler for 35 minutes. DraftExpress, who does a great job, lists his perimeter defense as a strength in scouts eyes. I mean I think it'd be unrealistic to expect him to pressure the ball, do everything he did for us on offense, shoot passing lanes, and handle the ball for 35+ minutes a game.

He always went under the screens. I'm with you there. But complaining about his closeouts is kinda iffy. He didn't try to block shots. He tried to do the Shane Battier routine of blocking your eyes with his hands, so it looked like he wasn't really trying because he didn't usually jump.

Having said that, he showed what he can do defensively in the BET and NCAA tournament. He played as hard on the defensive end during that stretch as I've ever seen from just about any college player.

Since nobody mentioned it and there was a few posters who wondered if MCW would even get 1 rep of 185 off the bar at the combine. Will be surprised to know that he did more reps at 8 than Southerland who had only 5. Other notable players that MCW had more reps than are Burke 3, McLemore 6, Archie Goodwin 1, and bigs like Kelly Olynyk 5, Grant Jarrett 2. Minnesota big Trevor Mbakwe had the most at 21 and Cody Zeller was 2nd most with 17. Tim Hardaway Jr led the way for guards at 16.

Since nobody mentioned it and there was a few posters who wondered if MCW would even get 1 rep of 185 off the bar at the combine. Will be surprised to know that he did more reps at 8 than Southerland who had only 5. Other notable players that MCW had more reps than are Burke 3, McLemore 6, Archie Goodwin 1, and bigs like Kelly Olynyk 5, Grant Jarrett 2. Minnesota big Trevor Mbakwe had the most at 21 and Cody Zeller was 2nd most with 17. Tim Hardaway Jr led the way for guards at 16.
Grant Jarrett is not testing all that well, is he? High body fat and relatively weak for a big. I would imagine he will be heading to Europe. I say that like it is a bad thing, I have never been to Europe, and he is getting to get paid to do it.

MCW is wiry strong...I thought that was just coach talk when Hop said it during the season.

Grant Jarrett is not testing all that well, is he? High body fat and relatively weak for a big. I would imagine he will be heading to Europe. I say that like it is a bad thing, I have never been to Europe, and he is getting to get paid to do it.
Jarrett should have never left early but to each is own I guess. The only thing that he has working for him that might make a GM take a chance on him in the 2nd round, is that he's a big man that can shoot n stretch the floor. Some D-league time over the next few years and maybe he could find a solid role for a team.