NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades | Syracusefan.com

NBA Offseason: Draft + FA + Trades

MikeSU02

Living Legend
I figure since the playoffs are done, we can focus our attention on the offseason.

Top FAs:

1. Bron
2. KD
3. Everyone else (Horford, Conley D12, DDR, Whiteside, Wade, etc)

My prediction:

1. Bron resigns 1+1 in CLE. Super Friends happens in 2017.
2. KD signs with SAS (upset special)

Here is a list of FAs. Make sure you pay attention to UFA versus RFA: NBA Free Agency 2016: The top players

LeBron enrolled his kids in a Brentwood, CA school.

LeBron James Enrolls His Kids in Brentwood California School in Los Angeles County | NBA Social

Don't really get why LeBron would ever consider leaving again. His desire to want to create these superteams is unprecedented.

I think he wants to play with CP3 / Melo / Wade (if Wade is still standing) at the end of his career. Keep it drama free, have support on the court so he doesn't need to play 80 games a season at 36MPG.

I think he wants to be in LA as much as possible for his business dealings.

He's got a free pass now that he brought a chip to Cleveland.

You think so? If he bolts again, now I see his return as something like "there, I got you your title, now shut up and leave me alone." Doesn't diminish the title but it's like he didn't really want to come back at all, just felt guilty. Like a girlfriend that doesn't really wanna be with you haha.

You think so? If he bolts again, now I see his return as something like "there, I got you your title, now shut up and leave me alone." Doesn't diminish the title but it's like he didn't really want to come back at all, just felt guilty. Like a girlfriend that doesn't really wanna be with you haha.

Yeah, I can see him catching flack, but I think there are two overriding things: 1) I think his post-NBA life will be based on LA and he wants to get there as soon as possible (LA, not retiring) and 2) I think the rift with Gilbert cannot be fixed.

Will be interesting.

I've been saying for a looooooong time that Conley will land on the Spurs.

I wonder if the Dubs would sign D. howard. He might actually play hard there and take pressure off Draymond defensively and on the glass.

If Dirk is actually willing to leave Dallas this time around, the speculation about him going to Golden State is pretty interesting.

I'm still very curious to see what ends up happening with Boston. Today, alone, there was a rumor that they offered #3 + Amir Johnson for Khris Middleton and that they're offering #3 for Nerlens Noel. One or both of those must be incorrect. Middleton has much more value than Noel would IMO, and I imagine that if they actually offered #3 for Noel, it would have been accepted already. And I assume that Milwaukee shot that 3/Amir offer down.

I kinda expect Boston to strike out in free agency and end up targeting Greg Monroe for Olynyk + a future 1st round pick when it's all said and done.

I think he wants to play with CP3 / Melo / Wade (if Wade is still standing) at the end of his career. Keep it drama free, have support on the court so he doesn't need to play 80 games a season at 36MPG.

I think he wants to be in LA as much as possible for his business dealings.

What he just accomplished individually and team-wise this year and last is worth 2, 3 rings. He's playing with house money.

I can see LeBron going to the Clippers and sailing off into the sunset with his boy Chris Paul, et al., if that happens, though, I hope it does while Wade and Melo and LBJ and CP3 collectively still got game. I don't wanna see no "buddy movies" with Walter Mattheau, Jack Lemmon. Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy.

If Dirk is actually willing to leave Dallas this time around, the speculation about him going to Golden State is pretty interesting.

I'm still very curious to see what ends up happening with Boston. Today, alone, there was a rumor that they offered #3 + Amir Johnson for Khris Middleton and that they're offering #3 for Nerlens Noel. One or both of those must be incorrect. Middleton has much more value than Noel would IMO, and I imagine that if they actually offered #3 for Noel, it would have been accepted already. And I assume that Milwaukee shot that 3/Amir offer down.

I kinda expect Boston to strike out in free agency and end up targeting Greg Monroe for Olynyk + a future 1st round pick when it's all said and done.

Boston is really fascinating to me because they have so many assets, but as of right now they don't have any elite blue chip assets, either guys on the roster or their draft picks. Very curious to see how that roster shakes out.

What he just accomplished individually and team-wise this year and last is worth 2, 3 rings. He's playing with house money.

I can see LeBron going to the Clippers and sailing off into the sunset with his boy Chris Paul, et al., if that happens, though, I hope it does while Wade and Melo and LBJ and CP3 collectively still got game. I don't wanna see no "buddy movies" with Walter Mattheau, Jack Lemmon. Nick Nolte and Eddie Murphy.

I'm curious about this. Unless I have the Clippers cap situation wrong, they'd probably have to get rid of Blake in order to bring in Lebron. Is that team without Blake really better than what Cleveland already has? I don't think so, and that's especially bad because he'd be moving to the West. LeBron can play for basically any team in the East and coast to the Finals.

Boston is really fascinating to me because they have so many assets, but as of right now they don't have any elite blue chip assets, either guys on the roster or their draft picks. Very curious to see how that roster shakes out.

Agree completely, fans here are basically just pinning hope that Durant wants to come to Boston otherwise they're kinda at their ceiling built as is. Fans were really banking on getting either Ingram or Simmons.

I'm curious about this. Unless I have the Clippers cap situation wrong, they'd probably have to get rid of Blake in order to bring in Lebron. Is that team without Blake really better than what Cleveland already has? I don't think so, and that's especially bad because he'd be moving to the West. LeBron can play for basically any team in the East and coast to the Finals.

I don't think CP3, Blake and DJ can all work together from a chemistry stand point. CP3 and Blake need the ball. CP3 is a very demanding teammate. Blake is Blake - good and bad.

I think LAC would trade him for Melo, if getting Melo meant Bron signing (even though I don't know if that's possible), they'd do it.

Yeah. LBJ is not going back to Miami. I relaly think it's either the Clippers or staying in Cleveland.

I think having an owner like Ballmer is more appealing to him than the Lakers situation, for choosing an LA team.

I don't think CP3, Blake and DJ can all work together from a chemistry stand point. CP3 and Blake need the ball. CP3 is a very demanding teammate. Blake is Blake - good and bad.

I think LAC would trade him for Melo, if getting Melo meant Bron signing (even though I don't know if that's possible), they'd do it.

As far as I know, the absolute most cap space they can create without trading guys in salary dumps is $13 mil; obviously not enough for Lebron. I think it would have to be a trade of Blake for Lebron, and Melo would either be stuck in New York or traded for Jordan I guess.

As far as I know, the absolute most cap space they can create without trading guys in salary dumps is $13 mil; obviously not enough for Lebron. I think it would have to be a trade of Blake for Lebron, and Melo would either be stuck in New York or traded for Jordan I guess.
If Lebron tells the Clips he's coming if they get Melo, they'll get Melo. Whatever it takes.

They'd have to get rid of Redick as well...

Supposedly it's a two team race for Durant...Spurs are out.

That sounds right.

"Kevin love will be here next year. Without him we wouldn't be where we are and he's a big part of what we're trying to do moving forward."

- Ty Lue on Mike & Mike

(picked this up from r/NBA)