NBA playoffs: and then there were two | Syracusefan.com

NBA playoffs: and then there were two

Fireball Jr.

All American
As a Heat fan, woulda preferred OKC, but, as a basketball fan, I'm thrilled with a rematch of last year's classic finals between the Heat and Spurs. Expect some seriously high-level hoops. Should be fun. Heat in 7.

Fireball Jr. said:
As a Heat fan, woulda preferred OKC, but, as a basketball fan, I'm thrilled with a rematch of last year's classic finals between the Heat and Spurs. Expect some seriously high-level hoops. Should be fun. Heat in 7.

I think Spurs in 7, only because of home court.

Tim's "we'll get it done this time" comment last night was the closest thing to a Broadway Joe guarantee we'll see out of the big fella.

By the way, Tim schooling Ibaka last night was impressive. Not bad for a 38 year old!

Duncan was seriously impressive in the end of last nights game.

I wonder if KD starts catching some Heat now. He took a backseat to Westbrook in the Playoffs and with a core of Ibaka, Westbrook and Jackson as well as some solid role players, the only thing he has to show for it is a Finals appearance with Harden. I get that he's only 25 but he's had an elite team for a while now.

I'd love to see Mark Jackson get a shot to coach OKC. Like Golden State they have a spiritual team that would probably respond well to him and for the criticism of Jackson, it's not like Brooks has been doing much coaching anyway.

Spurs/Heat should awesome! Can't wait for this series. I've never heard Duncan pseudo-trash talk and for that reason only, I'm going with the Spurs in 7.

If Parker can come back from the ankle injury it will be huge for the spurs. Mills is good, but they need Parker as well

Lookin' forward to what could be another epic series...let's get ready to rumble!

james_splitter.jpg

Fireball Jr. said:
Lookin' forward to what could be another epic series...let's get ready to rumble!

LETS DO IT!!!!!! Wooooooooooo!!!!!!

[video]

Heat getting 5, even this Heat fan wouldn't touch that. Game 1 on the road against San Antonio, very tough. Day started great (anxiety-packed with CT scan, visit to oncologist, who had nothing but good news for me ...an omen for LBJ, et al., he asks?), would be a boffo day if it ended with a Miami upset to start the finals, but, either way, jacked for hoops that's as good as it gets, Heat win tonight, nice, if not, life will go on ... until game 2!! Nice shot of Jameo in the rocks glass, nice bit of medicinal marihuana in the bowl, I'm ready, let's get it on!

Fireball Jr. said:
Heat getting 5, even this Heat fan wouldn't touch that. Game 1 on the road against San Antonio, very tough. Day started great (anxiety-packed with CT scan, visit to oncologist, who had nothing but good news for me ...an omen for LBJ, et al., he asks?), would be a boffo day if it ended with a Miami upset to start the finals, but, either way, jacked for hoops that's as good as it gets, Heat win tonight, nice, if not, life will go on ... until game 2!! Nice shot of Jameo in the rocks glass, nice bit of medicinal marihuana in the bowl, I'm ready, let's get it on!

I honestly think Lebron wants this title more than the other 2. He tastes Jordan right now and he wants that bad. I wouldn't take the Heat and 5 but I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat come out very strong in this series and set the tone for the rest of the way.

DWade has been awesome...that move was just filthy.

Really like watching SA.

Great game so far!

Good half of basketball. Damn Bill Simmons is a nightmare to listen to

Now they know what it's like to feel the heat at an SU football game during September with no air conditioning :)

Heat are doing a great job nursing this lead. Spurs are doing a great job throwing the ball away.

Good first game, lookin' forward to Saturday (sure hope LBJ is OK).

BTW and FWIW, Heat led by 2 when LeBron went down, lost by 15. They fell apart without him. And he was a distant, distant runner-up for MVP.

Last edited:
Fireball Jr. said:
Good first game, lookin' forward to Saturday (sure hope LBJ is OK).

Without a healthy James this is a Spurs sweep. Devastating injury for the Heat.

Without a healthy James this is a Spurs sweep. Devastating injury for the Heat.

Which is funny, because there was discussion in here about how Miami was a super team. Didn't look too super without Lebron on the court. (Looked at the box score, Miami was even with Lebron on the court, +1 on Battier's 14 minutes. Everyone else was negative for the day.

Because of the AC situation, I hesitate to take too much from the game, other than obviously the Spurs only need to win 3 out of 6 now. So many unforced errors on both sides; I have to think the heat had something to do with that. I can't imagine this is gonna linger at all for Lebron, especially since they have 2 days off till Game 2.

Which is funny, because there was discussion in here about how Miami was a super team. Didn't look too super without Lebron on the court.
Eh... I swear I'm not just trolling this, but it's part of Lebron's mythology. He occupies a place where people believe that he is both a) surrounded by stars and b) has little talent around him.

Great game so far, if I didn't know the score I'd guess the Spurs would be ahead by 20 at the half, I can't believe it's tied. I see the Heat pulling away in the second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom