NBA Playoffs | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Playoffs

Ah, gotcha, I actually missed that, I drove from Rochester to Philly yesterday and had just settled into my Airbnb. I found a bar that was recommended to me by a couple of locals, walked in, the Cavs were up 10 or so and Biyombo was already gonzo.

I totally understand where you're coming from. Your dislike of LeBron, for whatever reason, has you so blinded that you're unable to appreciate the beauty of his game -- and how it can elevate others around him. He's had a pretty impressive 13-year career -- this will be his sixth straight appearance in the finals -- and what I saw last night was a clinic (nome sane, Drake?), but, alas, again, the morning after, again, another ad nauseum cry of conspiracy and referee collusion.

And, if the Cavs do the unthinkable and win an NBA title and give a snake-bitten, sports-crazed city its first championship in 52 years, there'll only be one reason why: the Cavs get all the calls, the fix is in.

10 ways the world changed since LeBron James last missed the NBA Finals

If the Cavs lose this year I'm wondering what excuses the Lebronagists will make. Player/Coach/GM Lebron has the exact team he wants and they're healthy. All the credit in the world if they win but if not:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r80HF68KM8g

I didn't see a lot of difference between KD/RW and SC/KT except the latter made shots. In NBA-land, you live and die by the star system. But really, if you're Billy D and you got there on the backs of Durant & Westbrook, who do you want shooting the ball - Mortimer Snerd? I mean, "ya dance with the one that brung ya."

Really? Both guys, particularly Durant, heaved up horrible shots in an all out panic. Durant has been doing that all series where he gets doubled and refuses to pass. It finally caught up with them tonight.

I didn't see a lot of difference between KD/RW and SC/KT except the latter made shots. In NBA-land, you live and die by the star system. But really, if you're Billy D and you got there on the backs of Durant & Westbrook, who do you want shooting the ball - Mortimer Snerd? I mean, "ya dance with the one that brung ya."
That's a fair point. If you need something heavy to get lifted, you call on Paul Anderson not Marty Feldman.

GS moves the ball and gets their guys open. Granted Steph needs to be open for a millisecond before you can count it as 3. But they dont play iso ball. They get their stars better shots than OKC. I dont have a problem with Russ and KD taking the big shots...i have a problem with them forcing the big shots. Kd was just chucking all game. Awful looks.

That's a fair point. If you need something heavy to get lifted, you call on Paul Anderson not Marty Feldman.
For those who may not know
th

Both first-year NBA coaches, one in his first 4 months as a head coach anywhere, the other with 21 years' experience as a head coach at the highest level of college hoops, admittedly, a far different world from the pros. I like the matchup. I also like the Cavs in six.
5. Cavs are clicking. What hump?

Last edited:
Klay is a top five shooter of all time and he can play very good defense.

His 37 points in one quarter might be the craziest thing I've ever seen.

His shot form is the best in the league.

Totally separate, OKC needs to figure out whose team it is. You cannot have two guys who both think it's their team.

Klay is a top five shooter of all time and he can play very good defense.

His 37 points in one quarter might be the craziest thing I've ever seen.

His shot form is the best in the league.

Totally separate, OKC needs to figure out whose team it is. You cannot have two guys who both think it's their team.
Klay is as dangerous as Reggie Miller was back in his day with catching/shooting so quickly. I really, really wish more NBA players were like Klay. Just shut the heck up and play ball. Never see him complaining or show boating.

I will be shocked if OKC wins. I said after game 5 they better win game 6. Durant and Russ don't trust their teammates in close games down the stretch and that's why OKC struggles in 4th quarters.

Klay is as dangerous as Reggie Miller was back in his day with catching/shooting so quickly. I really, really wish more NBA players were like Klay. Just shut the heck up and play ball. Never see him complaining or show boating.

Klay better, imo. Less streaky

Steph is so good that he can put up 31/10/9 and the narrative is that he had a meh game and was carried by Klay.

I agree Klay kept them in the game, no argument there but then I looked at Steph's stat line and just laughed. Dude is so good that we consider his game las night to be "meh".

Steph is so good that he can put up 31/10/9 and the narrative is that he had a meh game and was carried by Klay.

I agree Klay kept them in the game, no argument there but then I looked at Steph's stat line and just laughed. Dude is so good that we consider his game las night to be "meh".
10 rebounds is awesome. And you know, they needed every one of them.

I was thinking the same thing. Last game was 31-7-6 also. Plus 7 steals combined in the last 2 games and 8 turnovers.

GS moves the ball and gets their guys open. Granted Steph needs to be open for a millisecond before you can count it as 3. But they dont play iso ball. They get their stars better shots than OKC. I dont have a problem with Russ and KD taking the big shots...i have a problem with them forcing the big shots. Kd was just chucking all game. Awful looks.

Yeah, this is my point as well. It's about flow, those two can get shots whenever they want, that doesn't they should take ANY shot though. Westbrook was still getting to the rim, but KD was just throwing up crap and was having trouble shaking some of those double teams. Westbrook did as well but attacked better at times. Also, some of the turnovers came (inbound late that Curry stole) was because they were only looking for the other one, and ignoring the easy pass (go get the ball back) and then had to just force a pass that wasn't there at all. I don't know, that last 5 minute stretch was garbage...if the D is tightening up on you that much, you have to, at some point exploit it just so you can get a better look next time down court. GSW just kept ratcheting up the pressure more.

KD's shot selection was turrible.

If the Cavs lose this year I'm wondering what excuses the Lebronagists will make. Player/Coach/GM Lebron has the exact team he wants and they're healthy.

LeBron, no doubt, is one of the leaders -- if not the leader -- in the major, nascent shift of power in the NBA from management having near-absolute control to the labor force increasingly having more sway on their careers.

His influence is enormous, and why shouldn't it be? He's a cash cow for the Cavs, The Association, Nike, Samsung, Kia, on and on, and of course he's rewarded handsomely, but he also backs it all up on the court. Forget the ridiculous g.o.a.t debate, I'd say he's, at least, all-time top 10, and probably best small forward ever. They ain't paying him bundles of gelt because he's just another pretty face. Do even the most-devout LBJ detractors think that he's in his sixth straight final -- with two different teams -- is coincidental?

Despite all that and public perception, which I'm sure has at least a strain of reality in it, I don't think LeBron's spending his time telling the gm, David Griffin, how to do his job. Is LBJ's input sought? Hell, yeah, why shouldn't it be? But Griffin seems to know what he's doing -- getting Swish, Shumpert and Mozgov for Dion and his late-season pickup of Channing Frye strokes of genius. Plus, he apparently is not living in fear of LeBron; Griffin called him in to hash things out when an article came out a few months ago with LeBron saying -- in most likely a casual, unrealistic, romanticized sense -- that he'd love to get his boys Carmelo, CP3 and DWade together one time in their twilight careers.

Phew. I'm exhausted. So, I leave you with this, quite possibly, this former newspaper sports scribe opines, the greatest press conference ever.

Warriors over the Cavs in 3 and a 1/2, as a seldom used and oft forgotten mercy rule is discovered on the books to end the season for the Cavs with a small degree of honor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom