NBA Thread 2019-20 Season | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

NBA Thread 2019-20 Season

If that was a playoff game I would be upset but since it’s a nothing game I don’t care.
With that said I mean, Giannis full out pushed Theis in the midsection, they blow the whistle, realize it would be his 6th foul and give it a phoney baloney review and declare "no hostile act." I have never seen anything like that
felt like theis overacted on that one. He got hit in the hip, but made it seem like he got his jewels crushed.

they called the smart block right as well. I hate that play. Jumping under a guy while he’s in the air is inherently dangerous.

felt like theis overacted on that one. He got hit in the hip, but made it seem like he got his jewels crushed.

they called the smart block right as well. I hate that play. Jumping under a guy while he’s in the air is inherently dangerous.
If that isn’t a foul on Giannis then what the hell is a foul. Talking about Theis play:

They blew the whistle. It was a foul.
Then the ref realize it would be his 6th and overturned it. That chit is unacceptable.

The Smart play was correctly overturned but again Giannis should have been fouled out there. It was pure bullchit and it was a poorly played game.

The refs whistles decided that game. Those are the worst games. It doesn’t really matter.

If that was a playoff game I would be upset but since it’s a nothing game I don’t care.
With that said I mean, Giannis full out pushed Theis in the midsection, they blow the whistle, realize it would be his 6th foul and give it a phoney baloney review and declare "no hostile act." I have never seen anything like that

Likewise, I didn’t care since these games are meaningless for the Bucks outside of getting in shape and not getting hurt.

I would have totally understood if they called the one with Theis a foul, though I don’t think it was any different from any other defender fighting to get around a screen. The only real difference was Theis’ reaction. I would have been fine with it if it was a called foul, but nobody would have thought anything of it if not for Theis appearing to be injured (which may or may not have been acting but was incidental contact either way IMO).

I think they blew the play dead to check Theis for an injury and then (from what the media seems to be saying illegally) checked for a flagrant foul. But they didn’t call anything on the floor which means they can’t call it after the fact.

The blocking foul was clearly the correct call; I don’t think that one is iffy at all.

Refs obviously also messed up not calling the goaltend moments earlier.

This will come back to haunt the Bucks at some point in the playoffs unfortunately. Giannis puts so much pressure on the refs throughout a game that he always has a couple bad calls go against him and a couple bad calls go in his favor. If it’s out of balance on any given night he can foul out pretty easily since he’s always in attack mode. In this case, he had one or two bad calls go against him, which if that hadn’t been the case, maybe the Theis call doesn’t even matter. He’s a really tough player to officiate.

D57E02ED-407A-48F6-B753-67FF4FC678B5.jpeg

If the sequence wasn’t worthy of even a ‘regular’ foul, why was the whistle blown?

How about the no call on the Giannis goaltend in 4Q? MIL hits a 3 pointer on the next trip down.

Or the questionable overturn that gave Giannis the go-ahead basket (and the foul) with under 2:00 left?

that was WWE-level officiating last night. Almost funny to watch, in its predictability

If the sequence wasn’t worthy of even a ‘regular’ foul, why was the whistle blown?

How about the no call on the Giannis goaltend in 4Q? MIL hits a 3 pointer on the next trip down.

Or the questionable overturn that gave Giannis the go-ahead basket (and the foul) with under 2:00 left?

that was WWE-level officiating last night. Almost funny to watch, in its predictability
There’s nothing questionable about the overturn. The fact that it was originally called a charge is further proof of how rusty the refs are.

The goaltend was clearly a goaltend. Other refs missed the same call in the Portland game too.

As for the Theis play, the ref’s explanation is that he saw Theis keeled over and decided to take a look and determined nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I think it’s probably BS, but by the letter of the law, the play shouldn’t have been reviewed at all because it wasn’t called a foul on the floor and you can’t review for a foul or flagrant foul if no foul was called. I tend to think it was correctly ruled a no-call but that one admittedly could have gone either way and I wouldn’t have put up a fight.

I don’t know, Jabari Parker looked real good last night with the DNP CD.

That post was amazing. Guy actually got kinda indignant that some of us shot that one down, too. Like we were the unreasonable ones, lol.

If that isn’t a foul on Giannis then what the hell is a foul. Talking about Theis play:

They blew the whistle. It was a foul.
Then the ref realize it would be his 6th and overturned it. That chit is unacceptable.

The Smart play was correctly overturned but again Giannis should have been fouled out there. It was pure bullchit and it was a poorly played game.

The refs whistles decided that game. Those are the worst games. It doesn’t really matter.
Yeah, they blew the whistle to stop play because a player appeared injured, not for a foul. Look at the way the ref put both arms up. That’s not a foul call. Can they even call normal fouls on a replay situation where a foul wasn’t called?

Yeah, they blew the whistle to stop play because a player appeared injured, not for a foul. Look at the way the ref put both arms up. That’s not a foul call. Can they even call normal fouls on a replay situation where a foul wasn’t called?
You are ignoring the contact Giannis made to Theis midsection.
That is a foul.
That game was called tight the entire game.
Giannis didn’t commit a flagrant or anything but that was a foul.

If Giannis didn’t have 5 fouls that gets called a common foul on review.
The refs were atrocious last night.

I honestly am not that upset. It’s just call it the way it is. Giannis got treated differently. That was bullchit. He fouled Theis. Then they missed the goaltend.
It swung how the game finished.
NBA refs don’t let teams decide games they do it when they want too.

There’s nothing questionable about the overturn. The fact that it was originally called a charge is further proof of how rusty the refs are.

The goaltend was clearly a goaltend. Other refs missed the same call in the Portland game too.

As for the Theis play, the ref’s explanation is that he saw Theis keeled over and decided to take a look and determined nothing out of the ordinary had happened. I think it’s probably BS, but by the letter of the law, the play shouldn’t have been reviewed at all because it wasn’t called a foul on the floor and you can’t review for a foul or flagrant foul if no foul was called. I tend to think it was correctly ruled a no-call but that one admittedly could have gone either way and I wouldn’t have put up a fight.

It probably was a block, but to me, it wasn't clear, and not something that I thought that should have been overturned on replay.

Regarding the Theis play, not sure how they missed the foul call to begin with. No way in my opinion was the play worthy of a flagrant, but it was obviously a foul, and it gets called if Giannis didn't have 5 fouls. That the game was tightly called made the non-call that much more curious - IIRC, Jaylen Brown was whistled for his 5th early in 3Q.

The officiating, as it related to Giannis in 2H, was reminiscent of Earl Hebner and Danny Davis in the 80s WWF.

You are ignoring the contact Giannis made to Theis midsection.
That is a foul.
That game was called tight the entire game.
Giannis didn’t commit a flagrant or anything but that was a foul.

If Giannis didn’t have 5 fouls that gets called a common foul on review.
The refs were atrocious last night.

I honestly am not that upset. It’s just call it the way it is. Giannis got treated differently. That was bullchit. He fouled Theis. Then they missed the goaltend.
I agree it should have likely been called a foul. But it wasn’t. That limited the options available to the refs. No hostile act, no chance to add a common foul.

I agree it should have likely been called a foul. But it wasn’t. That limited the options available to the refs. No hostile act, no chance to add a common foul.

I understand that's the rule, but think about how dumb that sounds: "hey, we're going to see whether a particular play is worthy of a flagrant foul, but if not, then there's no foul at all...it's all good"

They could have called it a common foul on review. The refs statement said that.
The refs didn’t want to foul Giannis out. Which is the whole point of the complaint.

It was spun to justify keeping him in the game.

I agree on the block/charge rule as well but as Sam said it wasn’t clear and obvious on review even though I think it was a block. That chit can’t happen in the playoffs.

Milwaukee wasn’t full strength yesterday anyway but the refs fouled LeBron out of a playoff game against Boston in 2013 and I think he gets calls but Giannis should be reffed in a manner when he commits fouls they get called no matter if it’s his 1st or 6th.

I had Celtics +4.5. Not pleased

They could have called it a common foul on review. The refs statement said that.
The refs didn’t want to foul Giannis out. Which is the whole point of the complaint.

It was spun to justify keeping him in the game.

I agree on the block/charge rule as well but as Sam said it wasn’t clear and obvious on review even though I think it was a block. That chit can’t happen in the playoffs.

Milwaukee wasn’t full strength yesterday anyway but the refs fouled LeBron out of a playoff game against Boston in 2013 and I think he gets calls but Giannis should be reffed in a manner when he commits fouls they get called no matter if it’s his 1st or 6th.
I don't believe that interpretation was worded properly. Either way, many picks have far more contact. I think giannis slipped a bit , got off balance, and hit theis. Could have gone either way. Need to play better next time.

According to the rulebook, they aren’t even allowed to review the play since no foul was called. But the official said he was allowed to and simply didn’t think it was a foul.

It probably was a block, but to me, it wasn't clear, and not something that I thought that should have been overturned on replay.

Regarding the Theis play, not sure how they missed the foul call to begin with. No way in my opinion was the play worthy of a flagrant, but it was obviously a foul, and it gets called if Giannis didn't have 5 fouls. That the game was tightly called made the non-call that much more curious - IIRC, Jaylen Brown was whistled for his 5th early in 3Q.

The officiating, as it related to Giannis in 2H, was reminiscent of Earl Hebner and Danny Davis in the 80s WWF.

I won’t argue about the Theis one because like I said, I think that one can be argued either way and I would understand if it were called a foul.

The rule on the charge is about where the defender is when Giannis starts going up for his shot. Smart was in the restricted circle until Giannis had already left his feet and then he slid in underneath Giannis while he was in the air. It wasn’t particularly close either; that’s the kind of call refs can’t mess up and thankfully they didn’t in that case.

Then again, the same goes for the goaltending and they obviously messed that one up.

One of the Magic City dancers shared a little more about the chicken wing order...

Working the day shift from 3 to 9 p.m., Aries said she danced last week for Williams, a regular at the club who has a dish named after him: the “Louwill Lemon Pepper BBQ wings.”

After placing an order with the Magic City kitchen, the high-scoring Clippers guard ambled around the club, Aries said, and she was one of a few dancers who performed for him, keeping a six-foot distance.

“He tipped very well,” she said.

Lou said he loves their wings. They even named some after him. But it wasn't just an in-and-out or a grab-and-go... :rolleyes:

One of the Magic City dancers shared a little more about the chicken wing order...

Working the day shift from 3 to 9 p.m., Aries said she danced last week for Williams, a regular at the club who has a dish named after him: the “Louwill Lemon Pepper BBQ wings.”

After placing an order with the Magic City kitchen, the high-scoring Clippers guard ambled around the club, Aries said, and she was one of a few dancers who performed for him, keeping a six-foot distance.

“He tipped very well,” she said.

Lou said he loves their wings. They even named some after him. But it wasn't just an in-and-out or a grab-and-go... :rolleyes:
Well as long as the strippers were socially distancing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom