NC State attendance | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State attendance

I think it is harder than people are making it out to be. There is no urgency to get tickets this week for a game in 3 weeks that hasn't had the start time even announced yet. If NC State loses this week, you can't play the Top 10 angle. If they lose again next week, we will be ranked ahead of them. IMO there is a better chance of them having 2 Ls than 0 Ls. A casual sees our last 2 games as SU getting lucky to win closely against nobodies. That doesn't create a buzz. Playing Wagner and then having a bye doesn't help momentum either.

Since ND last came here in 2003, we have hit 44k or more only 7x. NC State getting to 44k will be a Top 8 crowd since 2003. That would be an accomplishment.

Do you know how few sellouts SU has ever had?
“Sell Outs”. I consider 49 plus a sellout for practical purposes. Of course we’re not getting close to that either.

So - Long time poster/lurker and had to drop back in on this topic. I for one will give you a first hand account from last weeks game - which was the first I have attended since the pandemic (mostly due to their overall suckitude).

I originally had tickets in 126. Sat their for 2.5 quarters. After being told to sit down, and listening to the garbage bleacher coaches over and over and over and over again - I had enough. So my buddy and I found a seat up near 314. That section was fine until some completely smashed and rediculous fan started screaming obscenities at the entire section dropping f bomb after f bomb and screaming that everyone is "R3Tarded" about 10 times. ***If that was anyone from this board you should be ashamed and never ever attend another event.

This mimics the last time I went to a game when another hammered individual was screaming obcenities with my wife and potential new fan (my son) were at the game.

I agree with TrueBlue also that the school has a major deficiency in marketing the team, games and excitement. Amazing really since all I ever hear about is how awesome the education and graduates of SU are.

Your Friendly Local.

So - Long time poster/lurker and had to drop back in on this topic. I for one will give you a first hand account from last weeks game - which was the first I have attended since the pandemic (mostly due to their overall suckitude).

I originally had tickets in 126. Sat their for 2.5 quarters. After being told to sit down, and listening to the garbage bleacher coaches over and over and over and over again - I had enough. So my buddy and I found a seat up near 314. That section was fine until some completely smashed and rediculous fan started screaming obscenities at the entire section dropping f bomb after f bomb and screaming that everyone is "R3Tarded" about 10 times. ***If that was anyone from this board you should be ashamed and never ever attend another event.

This mimics the last time I went to a game when another hammered individual was screaming obcenities with my wife and potential new fan (my son) were at the game.

I agree with TrueBlue also that the school has a major deficiency in marketing the team, games and excitement. Amazing really since all I ever hear about is how awesome the education and graduates of SU are.

Your Friendly Local.
I’m sorry that happened to you but genuine question, did you report it to security? Where we sit the guy is always watching fans like a hawk; spotting people moving seats, drinking in the family section etc and then confronting them. There is also always a healthy SPD presence in the Dome.

Might I suggest checking out our section next time? It’s also where the designated alcohol free family section is. Well, we sit just below that section but still. I really think you would have a better experience next time.

Family weekend tends to get more fans than other games. But there are entire sections of unsold seats on the visitor's side upper deck. If we get a big push, then maybe 40k. Really doubt we get more.

I'll be interested to see what the map for ND looks like after this week. Single game tickets go on sale for everyone Wednesday morning.

I’m sorry that happened to you but genuine question, did you report it to security? Where we sit the guy is always watching fans like a hawk; spotting people moving seats, drinking in the family section etc and then confronting them. There is also always a healthy SPD presence in the Dome.

Might I suggest checking out our section next time? It’s also where the designated alcohol free family section is. Well, we sit just below that section but still. I really think you would have a better experience next time.
You have to be close to us 333 row d

I have separate groups of friends who’ve called today and asked me where to buy tickets for the ND / NC State and FSU (not for all three but each looking for individuals.)

I don’t remember the last time that happened.
Tell them about the 2 game package

Do you know how few sellouts SU has ever had?
Well some of those were not sellouts but were basically sell outs (single seats only)

But yeah...44K is probably a more realistic seating capacity

Well some of those were not sellouts but were basically sell outs (single seats only)

But yeah...44K is probably a more realistic seating capacity
Yes , I be had this argument before with th people saying we were not capable of selling out the dome. Some games were not technically sell outs even though you couldn’t see an empty seat anywhere. Single seats or returns from visitors.

We are, J 332 aisles. Really nice spot. We’re practically seat neighbors.
Yep Dcuse and I love our seats , plus we’re on the isle and I can almost get to the restroom and back during TV timeout.

Last time we had 39k or more in the Dome was 11/2/19 vs BC.

I still think 2018 NC State is a good comparison. That year we were surprisingly good, just like this year. It was the largest crowd by far to date, similar to this year. NC State was 5-1 coming off a loss to Clemson and ranked 22nd. I think we could see very similar for them this year. The result was 40,769. Given all the similarities, I don't see how we get much more than that.
Key differences are the unusually favorable lead time to promote the unbeaten record and top 25 ranking.

Hope the students won’t be handicapped by their parents. Why can’t parents just meet up before and after the game??? The student section has been phenomenal so why mess with a good thing?

As for criticizing the fans who look for reasons not to go - why the hate? Everyone has the freedom to decide how they spend their time. 20+ years of disappointment and negative conditioning isn’t going to be erased overnight.

Last edited:
Yep Dcuse and I love our seats , plus we’re on the isle and I can almost get to the restroom and back during TV timeout.
Same. I scouted the Dome pretty intently and that was one of the decision factors. It’s also relatively future proof pricing wise (hopefully) as it should always be the lowest or second to lowest priced seats I think. Great sight lines as well.

They are at fault. They know there’s a game.
Do they?

After the past 5, 10, and 20 years they may not know there’s a game unless theres an effort to make them aware. Not everyone makes the effort to follow a program who is not consistently competitive. Good will’s not unlimited

The Fall is football season. It really isn't that complicated.

If my mom can google our schedule on her iphone, then anyone and everyone in Syracuse can.

Everyone knows when our games are. They know they can get tickets pretty cheaply. There are just a lot of people that really don't want to.

Seriously.

I'll say yet again, someone who doesn't have the foggiest idea when SU's home games are is someone who is not likely to be a ticket buyer.

"Marketing" is not magic pixie dust that levitates people and drifts them to the Dome.
Nah marketing’s just what you do when you’ve had less than 10 winning seasons in 20 years and finally have a product that excites people more than picking apples or raking leaves

The Fall is football season. It really isn't that complicated.
Well for many cnyers over the years it’s basketball preseason. Maybe not so much today.

Nah marketing’s just what you do when you’ve had less than 10 winning seasons in 20 years and finally have a product that excites people more than picking apples or raking leaves

OK - throwing out that "marketing" platitude - what are they missing? And please don't say a kiosk at the mall or Otto throwing around tickets at the State Fair.

They've been on national TV 4x. We live in the information age where this stuff is everywhere, this isn't some underground band...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom