NC State Game will be telling | Syracusefan.com

NC State Game will be telling

Shrmdougluvr

Give it all to me fool!
I am really looking forward to the game against NC State. They are really our best comparison point.

SU vs PSU - PSU has slightly more talent; greater continuity of coaching = Close loss

SU vs NW - About equal on talent; NW with much greater continuity of coaching, system and scheme = Fairly big loss but it was a matter of looking bad on offense and coverage, not necessarily getting doors blown off

SU vs. Wagner and Tulane - First time in years we clearly had better physical talent than teams we are supposed to beat

SU vs. Clemson - Massive talent deficiency; massive coaching, system and scheme deficit = blow out loss

NC State - New coaching staff, adequate but not great talent, coming off bad loss = sounds familiar, should be interesting

Really, the NC State and BC games will be the biggest barometers for where our staff stands vs other ACC staffs. Those teams are really no more talented, and have just as new staffs. To state the obvious, really need to win four out of NC State, Wake, BC, Pitt and G Tech. It's doable, but i am not sure SU is the favorite in any of those games, except maybe BC at home.

probably not going to beat GA tech. away game against a team that takes a lot of preparation to stop a totally different offensive scheme

NC State has a surprisingly solid DL. Not much else, though. Carter Finley isn't a house of horrors or anything, but it's a solid experience. I doubt you're going to have much of a crowd to contend with for your game, though. They are way down in the dumps right now as a fan base. I can't believe Wake beat them.

probably not going to beat GA tech. away game against a team that takes a lot of preparation to stop a totally different offensive scheme
They are freaking annoying on offense. Boring and they're going to just throw themselves at your DL's knees. I hate playing them with a passion, and love seeing Paul Johnson pout when things don't go their way.

I am really looking forward to the game against NC State. They are really our best comparison point.

SU vs PSU - PSU has slightly more talent; greater continuity of coaching = Close loss

SU vs NW - About equal on talent; NW with much greater continuity of coaching, system and scheme = Fairly big loss but it was a matter of looking bad on offense and coverage, not necessarily getting doors blown off

SU vs. Wagner and Tulane - First time in years we clearly had better physical talent than teams we are supposed to beat

SU vs. Clemson - Massive talent deficiency; massive coaching, system and scheme deficit = blow out loss

NC State - New coaching staff, adequate but not great talent, coming off bad loss = sounds familiar, should be interesting

Really, the NC State and BC games will be the biggest barometers for where our staff stands vs other ACC staffs. Those teams are really no more talented, and have just as new staffs. To state the obvious, really need to win four out of NC State, Wake, BC, Pitt and G Tech. It's doable, but i am not sure SU is the favorite in any of those games, except maybe BC at home.

Don't forget Pitt has Tom Savage. We should win that game. BC, Wake should be wins. Pitt good chance for a win and need to get either Maryland or NC ST on the road

BC is going to be more tough than you think, too. Both of their lines are better than yours.