NC State, how important is this victory? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State, how important is this victory?

About half the ACC is close to or has aspirations of being on the bubble.

Miami
Clemson
Georgia Tech
Wake
NC St
Syracuse

The second day of the ACC tournament could be quite telling.

That's a really good point. Maybe the second day of the ACC tournament and who is remaining will have more meaning that just a single W.

Win tonight and win Saturday puts us in a MUCH better position, obviously. Clemson and GT are winnable games on the road. With that said, the way this SU team has played on the road this year does not instill much faith in me. We looked decent against VT but in every other road game we have incredibly under-performed.

Fsu,Nd, Unc all lost there, I'm not sure how winnable it is, it probably is the 2nd hardest game left on our schedule.

Fsu,Nd, Unc all lost there, I'm not sure how winnable it is, it probably is the 2nd hardest game left on our schedule.
GT has been the biggest positive surprise team in the ACC. They also lost at home to Ohio and lost to Duke at Duke by 53. The game is winnable but I certainly wouldn't predict victory. Not with this team.

Interesting that many of the thoughts in this thread are exactly what NC St. fans are thinking.

This was exactly my thought. I think NCS looks at this as even more of a must win than SU. Many fans are as negative as we were at 8-5 (and for the same reason of zero defense) and see this as the nail in the coffin if they lose.

The difference is Cuse D generally improved learning the zone... NCS defense remains "leave every shooter open, hope they miss a lot, and score lots of points."

I can't bet this game... they are even more desperate than Cuse is IMHO... they'll leave shooters open all night its a question of who shoots better wide open 3s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom