NC State - Mizzou announcer | Syracusefan.com

NC State - Mizzou announcer

PoppyHart

All American
Dykes and Fraschilla. No PBP guy. Wonder if someone got sick.

LMAO. They went to the Alabama UCLA game and Walton is just rejoicing that Howland is gone and ripping him as directly as possible without actually naming him. LOL. I'm not a fan of Howlands system either but Bill got what he wanted let it go man.

Walton gem on the rule change about being set before the upward motion.

"Welcome to the 21st century, goodness me how long did it take them to figure out you can't slide underneath the offensive player after they are in the air."

Completely dead on.

How long does Godfried last at NC State

They will be hard-pressed to do much better. Not many people want to coach at NC State when they are constantly overshadowed by (and outrecruited by) their neighbors 15 and 28 miles away. Plus that fanbase is as delusional as it gets. I think if Gottfried leaves it will be if he finds a better job, not because NC State wants to get rid of him.

They will be hard-pressed to do much better. Not many people want to coach at NC State when they are constantly overshadowed by (and outrecruited by) their neighbors 15 and 28 miles away. Plus that fanbase is as delusional as it gets. I think if Gottfried leaves it will be if he finds a better job, not because NC State wants to get rid of him.

In defense of NC State fans, I believe the oft-worshiped(on here, oddly) Jay Bilas says their court was the toughest place he ever played. If Valvano can do it against his neighbors, others can too. Gottfried might do well to listen to his admonishment and dont give up.

That NC State-Mizzou game with no PbP announcer and 2 color guys was interesting. I don't need a PbP guy if the color guys are good. I didn't think Fran or Dykes were that good to listen too, but it was a neat experiment. With Bill Walton I feel bad for Dave Pasch. Walton is hilarious and says whatever he wants without regard for what he saying, and Pasch has to be his on-air handler. Walton could get fired after any game for saying something dumb, and I don't think Walton cares. Walton is the opposite of a negative troll he is a positive troll he just goes on multiple rants during the game. I wish we could get Walton to call an SU game it would be a 2 hour love fest from Walton towards Jim Boeheim. He always jokingly tweaks Pasch about Syracuse/Boeheim.

In defense of NC State fans, I believe the oft-worshiped(on here, oddly) Jay Bilas says their court was the toughest place he ever played. If Valvano can do it against his neighbors, others can too. Gottfried might do well to listen to his admonishment and dont give up.

Bilas played against NC State in their old arena (Reynolds), which was a small place like Cameron Indoor, and during NC State basketball's heyday. Since then, however, they have been down and haven't recovered, and their newer arena is nothing like the old one. It is nice (it doubles as an NHL arena so the builders put money into it), but not very loud anymore. NC State is a hard place to coach because their fans know that they used to be good, but for the past 30 years they have seen UNC and Duke win title after title after title while they have been in basketball purgatory. Makes their fans a bitter bunch.

Bilas played against NC State in their old arena (Reynolds), which was a small place like Cameron Indoor, and during NC State basketball's heyday. Since then, however, they have been down and haven't recovered, and their newer arena is nothing like the old one. It is nice (it doubles as an NHL arena so the builders put money into it), but not very loud anymore. NC State is a hard place to coach because their fans know that they used to be good, but for the past 30 years they have seen UNC and Duke win title after title after title while they have been in basketball purgatory. Makes their fans a bitter bunch.

Thanks, I didn't know that. That was likely the first and last time I'll draw upon Bilas, even though it wasn't his fault. It does sound like quite a conundrum, and not completely dissimilar from other ACC teams that used to be good like Georgia Tech, etc. I'm rooting for these guys to get somewhat revitalized so I dont feel like I'm rooting for the bullies beat up that kid in Bad Santa.

Thanks, I didn't know that. That was likely the first and last time I'll draw upon Bilas, even though it wasn't his fault. It does sound like quite a conundrum, and not completely dissimilar from other ACC teams that used to be good like Georgia Tech, etc. I'm rooting for these guys to get somewhat revitalized so I dont feel like I'm rooting for the bullies beat up that kid in Bad Santa.

Bilas is definitely a polarizing figure. I happen to enjoy his commentary, but can definitely understand if some people feel otherwise.

Bilas is definitely a polarizing figure. I happen to enjoy his commentary, but can definitely understand if some people feel otherwise.

Yeah, I think he's fairly good at what he does, just rubs me the wrong way at times. I think all of this talk of blue bloods on here has gotten me slightly bitter like the NC State fans and I need to take college hoops a little less seriously at times. Maybe I will resolve to try to give everyone in the college hoops industry a clean slate to work with after the first of the year so that hopefully i can focus on what good they bring and enjoy that more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom