NC State opens -1.5 over Cuse… | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NC State opens -1.5 over Cuse…

I still can't believe we have beat NC State 7 straight times. It doesn't feel that way.
Wow, I didn't realize that. It might be tempting for non-cuse fans to bet on state because they might seem due, but it's kinda like going to vegas and looking at a roulette board that has 7 reds in a row and thinking, the next one is bound to be black! I've been burned on that more than once I have to say. It's a sucker's bet, but in vegas, I'm usually a drunk sucker.

Maliq should have a nice game tonight. They are going to defend the pass like crazy off the short roll to slow down Bell and Burns can’t stay with him for more than a few minutes. Defend the 3pt line and the paint and share the ball. Hopefully the whole team is locked in.

I would pressure them from the start. Play as fast as possible and run the big kid till he drops. Rotate players. Keep everyone fresh and push the pace. Dont play them half court!

This is factually incorrect. I believe off the top of my head that the team that wins the first 2 ususually wins the 3rd 65 to 70% of the time.
I think that kind of hits the point. Statistically you would expect that % to be much lower for a team that lost the first 2. When cuse has been in that situation heading into the BET back in the day, we did very well in those 3rd games pulling off the upset.

I think that kind of hits the point. Statistically you would expect that % to be much lower for a team that lost the first 2. When cuse has been in that situation heading into the BET back in the day, we did very well in those 3rd games pulling off the upset.
The last time that happened was 2013 against Georgetown and I wouldn't be surprised if that game was a pick em or we were a small favorite based on looking at KenPom. Our Net efficiency for the year was better than theirs. They just were a bad matchup for us due to their size and the fact the officials at that time let them hack away at our guards.

Despite the spread…
IMG_4686.gif

The last time that happened was 2013 against Georgetown and I wouldn't be surprised if that game was a pick em or we were a small favorite based on looking at KenPom. Our Net efficiency for the year was better than theirs. They just were a bad matchup for us due to their size and the fact the officials at that time let them hack away at our guards.
I also thought we upset UConn in the BET semis one year when they were #2 or something and gave us beat downs in the reg season.

Likewise when we beat a team 2x and were the favorites in the BET, we seemed to lay an egg.

Beat NCS. Beat Duke we dance. Beating the top 2 teams should get us an invite

Take NC State large. We have to beat them again. We aren’t as good outside the Dome. Our fans still have hope of a run. JB made the comments yesterday. All points to an NC State blowout.

I also thought we upset UConn in the BET semis one year when they were #2 or something and gave us beat downs in the reg season.

Likewise when we beat a team 2x and were the favorites in the BET, we seemed to lay an egg.
05 and 06 that happened. In 2012 we beat them 3 times. In 2003 we beat them 3 times. Four separate seasons we beat Seton Hall 3 times. One season we beat Nova 3 times.

We beat Georgetown twice in 2010 and then lost to them in the infamous AO injury game.

I can’t speak for the other times we won the first two and lost the third because that’s a lot of research, but at least 6 seasons we have beaten a team 3 times.

I can’t speak for the other times we won the first two and lost the third because that’s a lot of research,
My memory says it almost always happened when we were the 1 seed entering the BET and we got bounced in the first game before half the fans even got off the train.

I still can't believe we have beat NC State 7 straight times. It doesn't feel that way.

Feels like 8 to me.

Tomorrow I get to catch up.

Think double wide with a confederate flag and ferral dogs in the yard and you've nailed it.

09/12/1995

Harlem Globetrotters' coach: "Men, it's very hard to beat a team 8,830 times in a row. Just give it your best effort."

Washington Generals 91
Harlem Globetrotters: 85

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom