NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

Proved how much we need a true pass first point guard. Starling and Mintz are both ball hog shooting guards. Both want to be the hero at the end of the game to the detriment of our team.

Red needs to be questioned on what happened with Bell in 2nd half. What happened is completely inexcusable and he needs to be called out on it.

They face guarded him with 2 bigger more athletic forwards, so he wouldn't have open "catch and shoot" opportunities.

Ok say we rattle off the next 4 including clemson…21-10, get 1 victory in the ACCT…22-11. Is that enough for the tournament?
No. Clemson is the only win that moves the needle. They need to make semi finals (IMO) to be considered. Teams on bubble have better resumes. Villanova for example

Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF

Cardiac Cuse baby

You're right, I don't know what was hurled at them. If they were dealing with racial slurs, etc. than that certainly changes things. But overall, I guess I just like guys who actually accomplish something before they go woofing. If that was the first time they did it, it wouldn't bother me so much. But all the theatrics (talking smack to opposing coaches, arguing with teammates/coaches, whining to officials constantly) has just gotten old for a team that isn't going to even make the NCAA tournament, which used to be the standard around here. I was always taught "act like you've been there before"...maybe I'm too old school I guess.
Not old school...you're right.
And at some point it will come back to hurt the team.

It's not smart and it doesn't make a player look cool.

The best way to shut up foes is to put the ball in the hoop.
And the only motion you should make to them is to wave goodbye at the end of the game.

Driving up to Syracuse in the dark on Friday evening is going to be so much nicer coming off this win. It would have been miserable if we blew that lead.
...goood luck with the drive. Hoping weather will be on your side. Drove to and from Syracuse for nearly 45 years in all kinds of weather!

I agree 100% on Judah getting tunnel vision. I do believe it comes from his believe in himself vs him being selfish. I truly think he is trying his best to win and he is used to being the go to guy. It's why Red sat him for extended periods and why going with Q the last possession was brilliant. Reds in a tough spot. He can't win without Judah, yet he has to try and corral him. Dated if you do or don't scenario.
Maddening for sure:)
Tonight Judah really reverted back to the "jump into a guy and throw up the ball while falling down" routine. That move quit getting called many games ago. He had been getting better at it, but he has been doing it for so long when he wanted to play hero it just naturally came back to him. And almost lost the game. He has been, and can be, so much better. Let's go Judah!

Those were brutal. 19-8 would be a really good look right now and definitely in the tourney. still have some time to right those wrongs.

If you look at the ACC tournament seeding right now, we have 4 losses, I believe, to teams currently in the bottom 4 of the conference. That's where our post season went.

A well-deserved rep unfortunately. The yapping needs to stop. They’re crybabies.

It doesn't help that he doesn't even get close to the rim, throwing it up over his shoulder sometimes. SMH

Even it out from first game. Purposefully? Then swillowed the whistle on Horne’s last shot. Crazy.

They could not call a transactional foul after ignoring Mintz getting crushed just earlier. They told everyone the game's on you.

In some respects I give them credit for sticking to that.

Nova has good wins
Ehhh so do we. Nova is 3-6 against Quad 1. Right now we are 3-7. They are 5-2 against Quad 2 and we are 3-1. Their good wins were in November. We have a better overall record and have improved. One of their good wins was a team we also beat. They are also 2-3 against Quad 3 where we are 6-2. I would say the resumes are even and we have a better overall record.

I agree 100% on Judah getting tunnel vision. I do believe it comes from his believe in himself vs him being selfish. I truly think he is trying his best to win and he is used to being the go to guy. It's why Red sat him for extended periods and why going with Q the last possession was brilliant. Reds in a tough spot. He can't win without Judah, yet he has to try and corral him. Dated if you do or don't scenario.
Maddening for sure:)
I TOTALLY agree with you. As negative as I may sound on Judah, I actually love the guy. I just wish he could see other players! Judah is a tremendous player but you can not win a basketball game with one player! If he only used other players, it would make him several times better!

Not being mentioned in the face-guarding commentary is just how easy that is when the player being guarded stands in the corner with his hands on his hips. I could have sworn he had his hands in his pockets at one point. (Do those shorts have pockets?)

Bell was standing beyond the three point line for like an hour and nobody even looked to get it to him. That's on Mintz and Starling.
Actually Starling passed it to NCST twice when he thought he was passing it to Bell. He is not a PG by any stretch.

Judah's game would be so much more complete if he could just train his brain to draw a double team and then dish to an open teammate. But he literally never even considers it.
He has tunnel vision. He drives with his head down and typically is too deep to make a good pass. He is a scoring guard. Period. He's not looking to pass he's looking to score and draw contact. That is not going to change. What Judah needs is a true big he can play off. He would have crushed it with Jesse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom