NC State Postgame Thoughts 2 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NC State Postgame Thoughts 2

...I am agreeing with you Eric! Seems like Carey has been out for more nickle dime reasons than any other player this year? Why can't we get players that you put band-aides on and put back in the game. We need more Dolezaj's!!!!
In fairness, he did get a concussion this time which I assume there are formal protocols for.

Obviously very happy with the win. Sometimes we judge games like the only factors are what our players do. The other team is trying to win too!

Bell got a lot of open looks in the first half in unsettled situations because we forced turnovers and got out in transition.

Once we got out in transition the ball movement was better especially with Judah out. One of Judah’s biggest issues is he “does not push” transition opportunities.

The combination of Judah’s tendencies and better ball security by NCState slowed the games pace. That limited zBell’s looks because doesn’t move much and tends to get most of his looks when his defender has to leave him to help. NCState did not leave him at all in the 2nd.

Thank God for Q. He had 2, maybe three catches of Judah air balls and put them all back. He ability to create space with his dribble has gotten better during the season, and he’s unselfish. If he’d dial it down a notch, he could run point next year…just not sure he can dial it back. He also rebounds pretty good for his size.

Hima really struggles. Carey has been out a looooong time in concussion protocol. Starting to worry about that.

Brown has been human the last few games, wonder if he’s wearing down with all the minutes play up a position all year long.

I thought JJ played better than his stats showed. He had a couple bad plays late, but he makes some tough shots when the offense stagnates.

Judah’s game speaks for itself. It can be very hard to watch and he certainly slows down the pace and over dribbles. But he can make shots. But it comes at a cost.

17-10 …there is no doubt I would have signed up for that pre-season. Especially with the injuries and Benny dismissal. We’ve certainly left some meat on the bone a few nights, but this team has serious size/rebounding limitations. I think they’ve been largely well coached.

Yeah, we could be 20-7 right now, 21-6 if we could have beaten Clemson at home. BC, Fla State, Ga Tech. I thought we had also lost 1 to Pitt, but that was incorrect.

Usually what happens is we beat a team and they move up and we slide down?
They'll move down a little bit but I doubt they slide down so much that they can't finish top 75. We need to be big NC State fans down the stretch. If we can get ourselves into position those 2 Wins being Q1/Q2 rather than Q2/Q3 could help bolster our resume. (Big if on getting ourselves into position).

I’m self-replying to double down & make a strong statement here with this take: Copeland, even with the flaws in his game that he will undoubtedly continue to work his ass off to correct, officially became the leader of this team tonight. He’ll be the leader until he graduates.

I’m just as confident in this take as my Lundardi/Cannibal take in the game thread lol.
...my only disagreement with you is "He will be the leader"...He is the only leader we have now. He wants to win and he walks his talk!

This is an example of why I’ve been yapping here for 4 months about how unbelievably limited and flawed this team is.

Bell does one thing well - shoot when open and standing still - and nothing else well.

Everyone on this team is largely similar.

It’s really amazing that we’re 17-10.
Do think we play better defense and get to loose balls better than the last few years. Sitting in the zone getting picked apart by Colgate/ Cornell was not fun the past few years.

They'll move down a little bit but I doubt they slide down so much that they can't finish top 75. We need to be big NC State fans down the stretch. If we can get ourselves into position those 2 Wins being Q1/Q2 rather than Q2/Q3 could help bolster our resume. (Big if on getting ourselves into position).
I could not become a NC ST fan with a gun held to my head!!! BTW I live 6 miles from NC ST campus!

Judah had zero points in the 1st half & it was obvious in the 2nd that he was intent on making sure his PPG wouldn’t dip. Cope had to clean up his mess at least 3x following up his weak fall-away misses. He also had to gather a few of his would-be turnovers.

One of my favorite plays was in the first half when Copeland lost control of the ball going between his legs & knew if he re-gathered that it’d be a double dribble so he smartly boxed the defender out & Maliq alertly came to the ball before giving back to Cope who hit Bell in the corner for his 8-8 three.

That was the most enjoyable run-on sentence I’ve ever written.

Last edited:
You know I seen that a few times in this game. Seems like our passers and our receivers were on different pages? I never played basketball (makes me an expert, jusst ask me!) but we have these miss-communications in every game. It just looks weird. We end up tossing the ball out of bounds????
One play from Q he tried to pass it to where he wanted Bell to go. That happens regularly in hoops. But other plays tonight were just whacky.

Mintz and Copeland talking trash to the crowd just an absolutely embarrassing look. This team is a disgrace to Cuse teams of the past. They talk like they've accomplished something. I'm embarrassed to be a Cuse fan even after a win. This team is very hard to root for with all their theatrics...and Autry allows it to continue game after game. Disappointing for sure.
1708485333417.jpeg

Yeah, if they were dealing with racist crap that certainly changes things. But this stuff has been going on all season. Mintz woofing at the G-town bench is a good example that sticks out in my mind.

You're right about Devo, he was always woofing...but he played for some really good teams as well! I know this is just part of the game in a lot of ways now a days. I just don't like all the talking without the credibility. Especially when they don't even seem to respect their own head coach the way they should.
Just to confirm….

You are a Syracuse fan.
….and you had an issue with a Syracuse player woofing at GEORGETOWN???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom