NCAA 1st Round Games for Fri March 22 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for Fri March 22

I gotta say, I don't watch nearly as much non-Cuse college ball as I used to, but there has been some awful basketball played.

And I know it sounds like an old guy shaking his fist at the clouds or whatever, but the discrepancy between the NBA and college has never been greater.

I love the tournament and will always watch it (it's worth it to see things like the Kentucky game), but my god, there is some bad basketball.

It’s awful. So many fundamental things too. Like apparently driving with your head down is the norm for many of these kids. That’s something drilled into grade school level ball years back. That among so many other things. Yes the portal and NIL hurt but this is also low IQ hoops too

AAU and high level high school coaches either A) Don't know what they're doing and/or B) Are scared to coach kids hard because they don't want to lose them to another school/AAU team. It's a really bad problem for basketball in America.

Play Their Hearts Out about AAU paints a really good picture of a huge part of that issue. Highly suggest that book to anybody that is a hoop junkie or has a kid that they think can go to college for free because of basketball.

I gotta say, I don't watch nearly as much non-Cuse college ball as I used to, but there has been some awful basketball played.

And I know it sounds like an old guy shaking his fist at the clouds or whatever, but the discrepancy between the NBA and college has never been greater.

I love the tournament and will always watch it (it's worth it to see things like the Kentucky game), but my god, there is some bad basketball.
I mentioned this yesterday, fell off hard after last season and caught maybe 15-20 non Cuse games the rest of the year (usually a ton more than that), but scrolling through these games has been like pulling teeth, not much different than watching us.

AAU and high level high school coaches either A) Don't know what they're doing and/or B) Are scared to coach kids hard because they don't want to lose them to another school/AAU team. It's a really bad problem for basketball in America.

Play Their Hearts Out about AAU paints a really good picture of a huge part of that issue. Highly suggest that book to anybody that is a hoop junkie or has a kid that they think can go to college for free because of basketball.

Great book. Sad and will make you angry. But great book.

I posted on the NBA page - the discrepancy in terms of quality of play between the NBA and college has never been greater. Also why I'm opposed to expansion of the tourney - we need to contract there aren't enough worthy teams.

I posted on the NBA page - the discrepancy in terms of quality of play between the NBA and college has never been greater. Also why I'm opposed to expansion of the tourney - we need to contract there aren't enough worthy teams.

Yeah, I can't even imagine if you added more teams. That's scary.

Shameful chit from FAU. No idea how you aren't locked in for a tourney game.

Holy crap. They just showed Barkley standing up from a rear/side angle. That guy is huge! Even bigger than I realized. And most of it seems to be in his butt.

Holy crap. They just showed Barkley standing up from a rear/side angle. That guy is huge! Even bigger than I realized. And most of it seems to be in his butt.

Wasn't called "The Round Mound of Rebound" for nuthin.

Dude's got a LOTTA junk in his trunk.

I have zero clue who the Princess of Wales is

Charles Barkley Cookie GIF by NBA on TNT

This Boo Buie guard from Northwestern that is dominating this game against FAU is from Albany. Played a year at Troy HS before transferring.

Damn.….

This Boo Buie guard from Northwestern that is dominating this game against FAU is from Albany. Played a year at Troy HS before transferring.

Damn.….
Probably my favorite non-Cuse player ever. What could have been. :(

These fkkkking refs that ball was never out of bounds! What a chit show.

Raftery must be drunk because NU definitely did not have possession when the whistle was blown

The stripes have been god awful at the end of every close game I have watched. It’s like they go out of their way to not let the players decide the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom