NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 21 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 1st Round Games for Thurs March 21

Break time from these so far unexciting games.

Question: How much would the field need to be expanded before Cuse could get in?
Remember the days we all used to be against expanding the field?

32% doesn't really get it done at the shooting guard position.
We had a three year starter average about that over his college career (well including his freshman year which was not good at all). His other three years were OK.

Break time from these so far unexciting games.

Question: How much would the field need to be expanded before Cuse could get in?
Remember the days we all used to be against expanding the field?
I'm still very much opposed to it. We just need to get better.

We had a three year starter average about that over his college career (well including his freshman year which was not good at all). His other three years were OK.
Who are you referring to?

I didn't want to name him, but his 4 year average from three was 33.7%.
Trevor was a mixed bag from 3 though.

Year 1: 26.7%
Year 2: 37.5%
Year 3: 30.9%
Year 4: 35.4%

It also depends on who else you have on the team who can put down a 3. When you have a team like we did last year with our SG shooting 32% and our PG shooting 28%, it's tough sledding. That's why we were so reliant on Bell being on the court, despite his defensive issues.

Trevor was a mixed bag from 3 though.

Year 1: 26.7%
Year 2: 37.5%
Year 3: 30.9%
Year 4: 35.4%

It also depends on who else you have on the team who can put down a 3. When you have a team like we did last year with our SG shooting 32% and our PG shooting 28%, it's tough sledding. That's why we were so reliant on Bell being on the court, despite his defensive issues.
The defense makes that 32% unplayable, 32% with defense and other skills, can look past a bit.

If you came up with that guess from the top of your head, well done!
Easy, 4 years with that low of a percentage that actually played minutes for 4 years doesn’t leave a lot of other guys, especially in the era where threes matter more. Knew he wasn’t going to pull some 80s stats because they’re not comparable. Was thinking Triche but he also played a lot of point guard so wasn’t sure if he’d be included and thought he shot a tad higher. Was left with Cooney.

GI6aGH6WEAEYFin
GJMVkETXEAEeQUo
GJMVkEcWIAAyk5A
We rocked Oregon back in December and they go on went on to win the Pac 12 tourney and now they’re beating South Carolina.

We rocked Oregon back in December and they go on went on to win the Pac 12 tourney and now they’re beating South Carolina.
SU beat an incomplete Oregon team. All their guys are back now.

Not surprised Illinois is pulling away. They looked really good to end the year

I just want to see Quincy at the free throw line. He's probably the only guy who left that I still pull for. I was sad to see him go. I just took a quick glance at his stats this year. I was shocked... he's shooting nearly 39% from 3 this year!?!?! And people mocked him for wanting to expand his game and get more chances shooting deep. Ha.
He’s bricked a lot of them in the last 3-4 games I’ve watched. His strength is still playing inside.

As boring of an opening window of the tourney as you could possibly have. The only close game wasn't even really close.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom