NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 19 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA 2nd Round Games for March 19

That Gap commercial is tremendously confusing

This Memphis-Gonzaga game reminds me of Wichita St-Kentucky back in the 2014 tournament that never existed and was won by nobody.

Kentucky, like Memphis, had tons of young talent and after a slow start to the year was playing well. But that slow start kept their seedings in that 8/9 range... although one could argue UK should have been a 7 that year.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does it seem like the quality of even low seeds has gotten a lot better over the last 10-15 years?
Hard to say .. overall quality of high and low seeds seems pretty bad to me .. the talent disparity has shrunk for sure.. but I’m thinking that’s more due to bigger programs dropping

It’s so disorienting seeing the athleticism that some of these teams are throwing out there compared to our team. Just a whole different class of athlete.

That Gap commercial is tremendously confusing
The State Farm one with the Cardiff Giant is disturbing

Mind blowing how these teams refuse to cover Edert of St Peters.

Top schools are getting less and less experienced each year with more turnover from year to year. So that closes the gaps with small schools who have more experience and systematic growth.

I think one thing that could hurt these smaller programs moving forward however is the new transfer rules. Some good players in those leagues are going to leave as JR's/SR's and they may get more turnover then they normally do. Although they may get also be able to re-hab some P5 recruits who did not work out.

But it does not appear to have an impact this year.

Great pass by Murray State.

Second best of the day - still not on par with Love or Davis of UNC rocketing one off the top of the backboard earlier.

Is it just me or does it seem like the quality of even low seeds has gotten a lot better over the last 10-15 years?
I think the movement away from traditional bigs has helped the small schools close the gap a bit. It used to be that the big schools had big guys that would just murder the low seeds whereas now it comes down to shooting more than anything and shooting is something that lower seeds can recruit/is prone to flukey nights.

Edit: I also think the top seeds have gotten worse relative to older top seeds so that’s helped too.

the pg #15 on St.Pete is one cool, unflappable player, always makes the right play or pass

Last edited:
In my survivor pool this knocks out like 36 of us (about half). But it was the right play, like 35 other people thought too.

I was more skeptical about Arkansas and Providence. Even if I picked Tennessee I would have been knocked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom