NCAA Board of Governors moves toward allowing student-athlete compensation for endorsements and promotions: | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Board of Governors moves toward allowing student-athlete compensation for endorsements and promotions:

Don't see how it changes the current landscape.

Just remember a guy like Zion Williams is worth more from an advertising POV than every single other active CBB player combined.

Hope there aren't too many rules attached. For example autographs. A college kid is going to be more than happy to scribble on something for 5 seconds for 10 bucks.

This might spread out the talent. One great player will have more options at one school versus 5-6 great players at one.

A guy who's had a great 3 year CBB career but has topped out their draft stock and mot get their name called can definitely do better returning than in the G League.

I'd like to see each player participating in the NCAA tournament get some kind of stipend for each game they participate in coming from ad revenues. Pay larger amounts further into the tournament. But make it a fixed known amount set before the tournament. The NCAA tournament seems like pure exploitation of the players who do not share anything of the huge pie created. I think it is important to encourage paying workers who work as a good example of how the World should be.

I can see it now, a new position at each university who will work with prospective a recruit on an array of money making opportunities if they accept a scholarship to attend their school. Players looking at schools like Kentucky for basketball or football power schools at large public universities with deep pocket donors will have a field day with this.

I'd like to see each player participating in the NCAA tournament get some kind of stipend for each game they participate in coming from ad revenues. Pay larger amounts further into the tournament. But make it a fixed known amount set before the tournament. The NCAA tournament seems like pure exploitation of the players who do not share anything of the huge pie created. I think it is important to encourage paying workers who work as a good example of how the World should be.
Agree completely. I can’t believe they haven’t done this already. Seems so obvious. The tourney the ncaa’s biggest money maker and the one thing they control. They could even hold the money in escrow for SA’s until after they graduate, in order to maintain their “amateur status” (which is a joke of course).