NCAA CBB Officiating | Syracusefan.com

NCAA CBB Officiating

Cusefan0307

Red recruits the ACC!
I honestly have never seen it this bad. Across the country officials have stunk all year. Our game today was officiated terribly. The end of the Charlotte and Richmond game was a joke. Everyone knows it. The coaches, fans, and analysts are all acknowledging it. Why do the conferences and NCAA do nothing about it. Someone is going to lose a game in the NCAA tournament this year because of this. It is going to happen, and I hope it is not us. College basketball is the worst officiated sport of any of the major sports. This needs to be addressed.

I honestly have never seen it this bad. Across the country officials have stunk all year. Our game today was officiated terribly. The end of the Charlotte and Richmond game was a joke. Everyone knows it. The coaches, fans, and analysts are all acknowledging it. Why do the conferences and NCAA do nothing about it. Someone is going to lose a game in the NCAA tournament this year because of this. It is going to happen, and I hope it is not us. College basketball is the worst officiated sport of any of the major sports. This needs to be addressed.

A big part of it is that games in different conferences are officiated differently. You have the finesse conferences, where ever touch foul is called and you have the football conferences, where nothing is called. If they are going to fix it games have to be officiated the same across all conferences.

Announcers were nearly one sided with Pitt as well today when it came to fouls - how they did not see the pushoff underneath and the out of bounds missed call is beyond me. Bilas would have mentioned both.

Officials aren't affiliated to conferences. Jim burr did big east, acc, sec, and big ten games this year. There is no reason they should be officiated differently. The officials should call every game the same, regardless if it is Pitt or north Carolina playing. They adjust to much to a certain teams style of play.

That Charlotte Richmond game may be the backbreaker that finally gets some oversight & accountability into this mess. I've never seen anything like what happened in that game.

The announcers today almost had an orgasm when they were screaming about the shoulda-been foul by Fair on Zanna. I get saying it should be a foul but screaming about it for 30 seconds and showing the replay 3-4 times is a little extreme

A fellow poster on the board sent me the following today(I'm stealing your thunder, MikeSU02, cause I think it's quite a statement)

"I sat in almost the same seats as I did for Knicks game in the Garden like a month ago its a joke how they ref college versus the pros there were literal slaps and body checks that go uncalled in college"

The announcers today almost had an orgasm when they were screaming about the shoulda-been foul by Fair on Zanna. I get saying it should be a foul but screaming about it for 30 seconds and showing the replay 3-4 times is a little extreme
The time Mike Patrick sounded like he couldn't keep his pants on when shouting "against all odds!" talking about the Pitt comeback, I wanted to reach through my TV, strangle him, and shout back, "against what odds? PITT WAS FAVORED TO WIN"

We already lost a game due to refs... Ohio State last year

We already lost a game due to refs... Ohio State last year

Actually I take that back. We didn't lose the game due to the refs, but we weren't allowed the chance to win.

marquette this year was lost a game by the refs.

How about Temple and the phantom moving pick? Chalk up another.

Don't get me wrong, this team deserves most of its fate, but anyone that pretends like the refs aren't deciding games these days based on subjective game flow manipulation is living in a fairy land where the PBR flows like wine.

Yeah then right before that they show the Pitt guy running over JS and say, yeah that could have been a foul. Really! No you idiots, that was a charge! They just didn't want to admit a call that should have gone SU's way. I'm so glad those moron's aren't calling the rest of the tourney.

Yeah then right before that they show the Pitt guy running over JS and say, yeah that could have been a foul. Really! No you idiots, that was a charge! They just didn't want to admit a call that should have gone SU's way. I'm so glad those moron's aren't calling the rest of the tourney.
Worse, on that sequence Len Elmore finally admitted that maybe there shoulda been a foul called, then argues there was a subsequent foul on SU, and says "could call it both ways so it evens out then" ... no, you dip, Pitt got 2 pts on the play, call the first foul and they dont get those 2 pts... how the F is that "even"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom