NCAA creating 4th Sub-Division? | Syracusefan.com

NCAA creating 4th Sub-Division?

S

• U

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
what will uconn do? the acc move does stink, ughh? that people questioned it is mind boggling

If this happens I could see the P5 add a few more teams to shore up some holes: BYU, Cincy, UConn, USF, UCF, Houston, SDSU, Boise, Memphis, etc...we could easily get to 5x14 to 5x16.

Would the big schools be better off with this arrangement? Or breaking off to form their own organization? Pros & cons both ways.

Would the big schools be better off with this arrangement? Or breaking off to form their own organization? Pros & cons both ways.

I think we need to keep the NCAA BB tourney similar to what we have...it works. I used to think just the top 100-120 programs but I think it is fun to watch teams like Butler, Gonzaga, FGCU, VCU, George Mason, etc...have breakout tournaments.

Pre-emptive maneuver?
That's my guess. Obviously, the NCAA doesn't want theP5 to run off and form their own organization. It would kill the basketball tourney.

I think we need to keep the NCAA BB tourney similar to what we have...it works. I used to think just the top 100-120 programs but I think it is fun to watch teams like Butler, Gonzaga, FGCU, VCU, George Mason, etc...have breakout tournaments.

This is only being talked about for football. Div-1 Basketball would remain unchanged.