NCAA Elite Eight Games for March 30 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for March 30

People complain about recruiting a lot around here, but Virginia has exactly two guys that were ranked in the top 50 and they are winning a lot of games...hmmmm

Seriously their starting PG (say what you want about him, he contributes) according to a recruiting site, his only other offer was UC Davis who is terrible. Bennett knows how to develop talent with the best of them and they win a lot of games with guys our fanbase would hate that we would even think of recruiting ... great great for UVA (as much as it pains me to say that)

Chris Webber should never be let anywhere near a microphone. One of basketball's all time perpetual bone heads.

Hmmm...I don’t know about that.

He had the incredibly visible choke/brain freeze in the biggest spot possible, but overall I thought he was a pretty intelligent player. Much like Coleman.

Seriously their starting PG (say what you want about him, he contributes) according to a recruiting site, his only other offer was UC Davis who is terrible. Bennett knows how to develop talent with the best of them and they win a lot of games with guys our fanbase would hate that we would even think of recruiting ... great great for UVA (as much as it pains me to say that)

And Purdue has 1 top 100 player and it wasn’t Edwards.

No one possesses a FT. Therefore UVA technically doesn’t have possession. The tap back is considered neutral possession, therefore no over and back.

Great, thanks. I assumed that had to be the rule when no one seemed to go nuts about that.

Great, thanks. I assumed that had to be the rule when no one seemed to go nuts about that.

There is no team possession after the ball leaves the shooter's hand. And as Jake said, the tap off the rebound is not considered control of the ball.

Why does this Duke fan on the post game say everything like it’s a question?

My dad raised me to be a Duke faaaann??? I love Coach K??

Knock that off.

I was watching at a friend's house with a bunch of people, with the volume on low, so can anyone tell me whether the Purdue player's 3-pointer (Wheeler) about halfway through the first half was ruled on the floor as good? It looked like he got it off just before the shot clock expired. There didn't appear to be a conclusive replay, and the shot ultimately didn't count.

Thought that Jerome and Hunter got away with a lot of fouling.

Happy for Bennett, but not a fan of Jerome or Guy.

I was watching at a friend's house with a bunch of people, with the volume on low, so can anyone tell me whether the Purdue player's 3-pointer (Wheeler) about halfway through the first half was ruled on the floor as good? It looked like he got it off just before the shot clock expired. There didn't appear to be a conclusive replay, and the shot ultimately didn't count.

Thought that Jerome and Hunter got away with a lot of fouling.

Happy for Bennett, but not a fan of Jerome or Guy.

It was just like Devo’s shot in the 6OT game - wasn’t off his fingers as clock hit 0.
By like milliseconds.
Tough, but correct call.

The faster Bennett gets out of the ACC, the better it is for SU. With a loss, UCLA would have been all over him. Have to wait until next Saturday to see if that holds.
Feinstein had Beard going to UCLA

Not sure why Edwards didn’t get called for a travel on his last made shot. Dude gathered the ball and took three steps through the paint.

Great game overall though.

Hmmm...I don’t know about that.

He had the incredibly visible choke/brain freeze in the biggest spot possible, but overall I thought he was a pretty intelligent player. Much like Coleman.

Agree with that, but I can't stand the guy on the call

That’s an L for the “gotta foul” strategy.

Hope it takes many more and is eliminated from
the game completely.
Hard pass on that.

Virginia had about a 40% chance of making a three to tie it, just based on their best shooters 3 point percentage.

They had a less than 1 percent (my guess, could be 2 percent) chance of pulling off what they just did.

Purdue increased their odds of winning Significantly by fouling. It didn't work out, but it's not always going to work out, regardless of what strategy you pick.

Feinstein had Beard going to UCLA
That's a good hire.

Won't work out unless he wins the next 10 NCAA tournaments, but I guess he will come as close as anyone else would.

Hard pass on that.

Virginia had about a 40% chance of making a three to tie it, just based on their best shooters 3 point percentage.

They had a less than 1 percent (my guess, could be 2 percent) chance of pulling off what they just did.

Purdue increased their odds of winning Significantly by fouling. It didn't work out, but it's not always going to work out, regardless of what strategy you pick.

Virginia was killing them on the boards. It wasn’t that shocking that they got the rebound.

And that 40% doesn’t apply to a do or die situation where it’s a 3 or nothing and that’s all they have to defend. Doing it with a foul to give is a no brainer. But they did it a little too early and it backfired against a team killing them on the boards.

Regardless, I just hate the strategy as a fan from an entertainment aspect so I’m happy when it fails.

I thought we should have fouled on the last possession of the NC Game. True story.

I still haven’t heard a good explanation as to why they have NBA guys do the tournament.

I love Kenny and Chuck, but couldn’t care less what they think about these college basketball teams and games.

Unless they’re telling 1984 war stories, I don’t care.

part of the deal CBS signed with Turner sports

Virginia was killing them on the boards. It wasn’t that shocking that they got the rebound.

And that 40% doesn’t apply to a do or die situation where it’s a 3 or nothing and that’s all they have to defend. Doing it with a foul to give is a no brainer. But they did it a little too early and it backfired against a team killing them on the boards.

Regardless, I just hate the strategy as a fan from an entertainment aspect so I’m happy when it fails.

Youre right, and it did backfire, but at the same time, if you told Matt Painter if you foul the ball is gonna be tapped out and UVA is gonna have the ball in the backcourt with like 3.5 seconds left; I mean, he's gonna take that every day of the week.

I do get your point from the entertainment/aesthetic POV.

Looked to me that Jerome entered into the lane early after the missed FT at the end of regulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom