NCAA Elite Eight Games for March 31 | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for March 31

No reason why this Final 4 can't produce some high quality, competitive games.
There’s a difference between that and what we’re discussing. Michigan State is the most boring (borderline) blue blood there is, Virginia is a good story with boring basketball and Texas Tech/Auburn are just random teams to the casual viewer.

I don’t know guys. I think Auburn, Texas tech, and msu play pretty exciting basketball.

Actually I do too. It's not the usual powers but that doesn't mean it can't be good. May not lure many casual fans though I suppose.

There’s a difference between that and what we’re discussing. Michigan State is the most boring (borderline) blue blood there is, Virginia is a good story with boring basketball and Texas Tech/Auburn are just random teams to the casual viewer.

And yet all of these teams were just involved in some epic battles.

Is MSU more boring than us?

Michigan St is not as boring as some of its prior teams. It can get grindy at times, but they play at a fairly good tempo.

Possibly. I didn't want to create an uproar like I did several years ago when I made fun of the crying Kansas kid. So I went with angry dad.

What do you think?

duke-kid-crying.jpg

Every team sans Zion is a random team to casual viewers.

Always hate these points about ratings. The NHL has gotten dream Chicago/LA vs Boston/Philly/NY finals in recent years and it never amounts to squat long-term. Just like UNC or UK haven't/wouldn't in the F4. Who gives a **** if Universal or Turner get a thousand more or or less per :30.

Every team sans Zion is a random team to casual viewers.

Always hate these points about ratings. The NHL has gotten dream Chicago/LA vs Boston/Philly/NY finals in recent years and it never amounts to squat long-term. Just like UNC or UK haven't/wouldn't in the F4. Who gives a **** if Universal or Turner get a thousand more or or less per :30.
The NHL is a niche sport. March Madness rivals the Super Bowl.

That being said, I don’t care, just pointing out the ratings fact... I personally don’t like Michigan State or anything B1G related but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

You realize our title win was lower than that game right?

Hard to believe, but possible.

But that being said the eye gouging factor was much higher during the 2011 game..

Hard to believe, but possible.

But that being said the eye gouging factor was much higher during the 2011 game..

Not doubt the game was terrible. But was higher rated and had more viewers than our win over Kansas

2014 which had 8 seed Kentucky and 7 seed UConn?
Yeah but those teams were brands.
Texas Tech, Virginia, Auburn aren’t college basketball brands.
Michigan State is.

I feel bad for all the celebrities who ponied up big money to see Zion play in the final weekend

The NHL is a niche sport. March Madness rivals the Super Bowl.

That being said, I don’t care, just pointing out the ratings fact... I personally don’t like Michigan State or anything B1G related but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

are you adding up the entire ratings for every day of the tournament, because that's the only way the number of viewers is even close to the super bowl. As a gambling event I agree with you.

are you adding up the entire ratings for every day of the tournament, because that's the only way the number of viewers is even close to the super bowl. As a gambling event I agree with you.
Yes, as an "event".

Factoring in gambling, ratings, buzz etc..