NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 25 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NCAA Elite Eight Games for Sat March 25

I know they have had injuries, but the guard has changed.

They are not going to win another title anytime soon.

LSU, South Carolina, and others are the new top lady dawgs in the women's game

If Brian Anderson references NYC one more time I'm gonna barf.

I know they have had injuries, but the guard has changed.

They are not going to win another title anytime soon.

LSU, South Carolina, and others are the new top lady dawgs in the women's game
They were without the best player in the country, plus others, most of whom were starters. One of Geno’s best jobs

Meanwhile this Kst FAU game lining up to be another classic.. FAU has looked better every game I've watched them. They weren't impressive at all round 1...

I mean I get the hatred but when I see people devalue nc’s and not credit them when facts are staring all of us in face , it makes me feel that this is the kind of energy that contributes to their runs.

Plus you don’t mention what they did to get there and mention only the title game and then and act like it was a fluke. So let’s take a deeper dive into the 11 and 14 title runs that get so maligned.

2011-
Never lost OOC and won Maui .

5 games in 5 days at BET the last 4 against ranked teams ( including us) , in a league that sent 9 teams to tourney

Then went to tournament as 3 seed ( so did we) and beat 6 seed cinci , 2 seed sdst, 5 seed Arizona, 4 seed Kentucky before getting butler. That’s not chopped liver , that was Kawai Leonard’s sdst team and willams Zona team.
Put that BET run with the NCAA run and being undefeated OOC for whole year, and hard for me to call it a fluke with a straight face. I mean they had Kemba, no one else did.

2014- ok that one confounds me a touch, but they ran a gauntlet to the championship game that no one could call lucky. In consecutive games they took out 2- seed nova ( Jay Wright) , 3 - seed Iowa state ( hoiberg) 4- seed Michigan ST ( izzo) and overall tourney 1- seed Florida ( billy Donovan ) . Florida had lost ONE game all year ( oddly enough to uconn in December) before that FF matchup. If that isn’t earning your way to a title nothing is, and then they still had to deal with a loaded if underachieving Kentucky team.

2004? Lol really? They were one of best teams in last 25 years.

Tganks for making me feel dirty now
Can we please dispense with this narrative before we will them to another one? I can’t take it. I live in CT.
But--and there's always a "but"--you omitted their first-round game in 2014. If St Joe's backs off on the UConn layup with 5 seconds to go, rather than fouling, the Dogs go home.

KSU is playing like excrement

5 minute of adds last 10 seconds of play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom